LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-21-2018, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 73
Thanks (Received): 73
Likes (Given): 247
Likes (Received): 290
Inverted Snowblower

At my parents 55+ community they use this Deere and an inverted blower to handle the snow removal for 250 houses

The operator backs up to the garage, drops and pulls it out to the street. Two passes per driveway. Very fast and efficient

1989 John Deere 1032
1979 Toro 5/24 38040 (now a 6.5/24)
2015 Snapper Pro SW30 52" Mower
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-21-2018, 04:17 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 63
Likes (Given): 254
Likes (Received): 239
My parents have a house in a development in Barnegat. The houses in the background look julst like that. Bet it's a Hovnavian development.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-21-2018, 04:21 PM

Location: nova scotia-south shore - ave annual snowfall 199.4 cm ( 78.5 ")
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 73
Thanks (Received): 157
Likes (Given): 358
Likes (Received): 592
Garage
wonder what those yellow cone thingys do ?

24 " 1967? Ariens Sno thro
28 " Ariens Sno Tek
Toro CCR ss
1966 Gravely LI Walk behind with dog eater

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 6 Old 01-21-2018, 04:24 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 72
Thanks (Received): 88
Likes (Given): 75
Likes (Received): 158
They are the adjustable skid feet for the snow blower-the washers are used to regulate the height of the cutting edge to prevent premature wear on the cutting edge as well. The dense plastic feet reduce damage to pavement

The rubber belting across the center of the inverted snow blower reduces the amount of snow spray that happens when you are clearing with one of these as it can get very thick.

It takes about 10 seconds to change the height of the snow blowers cutting edge if the top link is properly adjusted and leveled with the front of the snow blower using a bubble level from front to back.

I am glad they were able to buy a new unit. I hope that loaded the tires with liquid ballast as they will need it.

I hope they invest in a set of dust caps for the male hose ends as they love to collect dirt and dust. I am surprised that they did not provide them to you as they are color coded to prevent control valve mix ups.

I hope they do use the skid feet on that thing and make sure the top link is maintaining a level edge as the asphalt is really going to take a beating if they have a lot of snow and they leave the skids off.

I hope that they plan on buying a front loader for that 3032 as it will be very handy for pushing snow back as the inverted snow blowers mounted on small mules cannot handle deep snows.

Last edited by leonz; 01-22-2018 at 01:06 PM. Reason: stuff/spelling and punctuation corrections
post #5 of 6 Old 01-21-2018, 04:24 PM

Location: North Dallas area and UP of MI, average snowfall 202"
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 65
Likes (Given): 57
Likes (Received): 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcove View Post
wonder what those yellow cone thingys do ?
They appear to be handles on the pins for the lift point for the tractor attachment. They are typically three point, and the hitch is only one - these are the other two.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-21-2018, 04:37 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 72
Thanks (Received): 88
Likes (Given): 75
Likes (Received): 158
Smile

The yellow painted skid feet are just locked in to the holes that Erskine made for them on the snow blower frame to keep them in stored and out of the way They need to mount them in the back of the snow blower in the skid holders if they have not done it already.

As the snow blower is painted all black the three point hitch frame is hard to see unless you know what you are looking for.

They have a front stand there to elevate the inverted snow blower and the extra washers are there to also elevate the rear of the snow blower to make it easier to attach to the 3032E three point hitch.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited on Monday for my errors :^0

Last edited by leonz; 01-22-2018 at 01:09 PM. Reason: stuff/spelling and punctuation corrections
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page