Toro Powerlite vs CCR 2000 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 02-07-2018, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 30
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Toro Powerlite vs CCR 2000

I have a Powerlite 16" 3.25 hp snowblower that was given to me. It's at the shop now and I've never used it. The fella at the shop told me it looked to be in great condition and that these are excellent little machines. I have found a CCR 2000 which I believe is a 20" with 4.5 hp. I could probably pick up the slightly larger CCR for less than what the shop is going to charge to fix the Powerlite. Which is the better machine overall? Maybe I will just own both..

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
erichall84 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 Old 02-07-2018, 06:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Cardo111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: The Lower Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 1,052
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 124
Likes (Given): 78
Likes (Received): 167
aboard!

Those are regarded to be excellent machines but they're loud 2 strokes. Based on the specs I would think that the CCR 2000 is the higher capacity and more powerful machine. Best of luck with it or them.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/79...00.html#manual

Ariens Platinum 24 SHO w/369cc carbureted LCT motor


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Cardo111; 02-07-2018 at 06:30 AM.
Cardo111 is offline  
post #3 of 15 Old 02-07-2018, 07:08 AM
Senior Member
 
uberT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Boston suburbs
Posts: 1,408
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 94
Thanks (Received): 84
Likes (Given): 219
Likes (Received): 134
Eric, if these are cheap, I'd probably buy both and see what's still running after 5 hrs of use.


Welcome aboard !!
uberT is offline  
post #4 of 15 Old 02-07-2018, 07:44 AM
Senior Member
 
JLawrence08648's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Lawrenceville NJ
Posts: 2,113
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 88
Thanks (Received): 174
Likes (Given): 68
Likes (Received): 406
Garage
Some on here have mentioned that the ignition is expensive. You may want to have both with one being a parts machine. Plus they use Suzuki engines and parts are expensive for those. I like the type of auger belt they have.

1986 Ariens ST522, 5hp, 22"
1995 Murray Craftsman 10hp, 29" w. 12" impeller
A 1983 Real John Deere 10hp, 32" w. 12" impeller, 16" auger, 20" high front, cast iron gear box, chains
Noma 9hp, 27" w. 12" impeller
Noma 5hp, 24" w. 12" impeller, 20" high front
Gravely Convertible, 12hp Kohler cast iron, 26" width, 600 lbs of cast iron & steel, 2 speed impeller, 4 ground speeds
Dynamark 8hp, 26", 12" impeller, for sale
Several other 5hp, 8hp, several 2 cycle, all for sale
JLawrence08648 is online now  
post #5 of 15 Old 02-07-2018, 08:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Snowbelt_subie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Cleveland ohio
Posts: 578
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 16
Likes (Given): 34
Likes (Received): 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by erichall84 View Post
I have a Powerlite 16" 3.25 hp snowblower that was given to me. It's at the shop now and I've never used it. The fella at the shop told me it looked to be in great condition and that these are excellent little machines. I have found a CCR 2000 which I believe is a 20" with 4.5 hp. I could probably pick up the slightly larger CCR for less than what the shop is going to charge to fix the Powerlite. Which is the better machine overall? Maybe I will just own both..

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

i would take the 2000 all day you should be able to do 12" with the 2000 the 3hp powerlite will struggle with anything over 6"

Toro snow commander 7hp RTEK ...honda HS720 GC190 OHC
Toro ccr3650 6.5hp RTEK ....Ariens sno-tek 26" 208cc LCT
Ariens st824 924082 HMSK 80 ....Ariens path pro 136cc
Snowbelt_subie is offline  
post #6 of 15 Old 02-07-2018, 08:18 AM
Senior Member
 
uberT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Boston suburbs
Posts: 1,408
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 94
Thanks (Received): 84
Likes (Given): 219
Likes (Received): 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiszMan


There's nothing more expensive than a cheap, used CCR 2000.




I saw a pair of these machines sitting on the side of the road last week, each priced at $150 They looked tired.
uberT is offline  
post #7 of 15 Old 02-07-2018, 08:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Snowbelt_subie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Cleveland ohio
Posts: 578
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 16
Likes (Given): 34
Likes (Received): 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberT View Post


I saw a pair of these machines sitting on the side of the road last week, each priced at $150 They looked tired.

i sold 3 of them this season for $150 each

Toro snow commander 7hp RTEK ...honda HS720 GC190 OHC
Toro ccr3650 6.5hp RTEK ....Ariens sno-tek 26" 208cc LCT
Ariens st824 924082 HMSK 80 ....Ariens path pro 136cc
Snowbelt_subie is offline  
post #8 of 15 Old 02-07-2018, 08:28 AM
Senior Member
 
stromr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: CNY
Posts: 485
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 38
Likes (Given): 11
Likes (Received): 63
Smile It's a win win to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbelt_subie View Post
i would take the 2000 all day you should be able to do 12" with the 2000 the 3hp powerlite will struggle with anything over 6"
Either machine properly maintained is a winner. Toro pretty much invented this design and everybody else has copied it. My 1995 Toro CCR 1000 with the Tecumseh 3 HP 2 cycle regularly goes thru 8-10" of all types of snow. I will always have a 2 stage too but the single stage is priceless for speed and cleaning right down to the surface.
The only draw back in your case is the Suzuki engines are expensive to fix. The plus is 2 cycles at the slow speeds these run, 4250 rpm or less last a long time.
stromr is offline  
post #9 of 15 Old 02-07-2018, 08:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Snowbelt_subie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Cleveland ohio
Posts: 578
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 16
Likes (Given): 34
Likes (Received): 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by stromr View Post
Either machine properly maintained is a winner. Toro pretty much invented this design and everybody else has copied it. My 1995 Toro CCR 1000 with the Tecumseh 3 HP 2 cycle regularly goes thru 8-10" of all types of snow. I will always have a 2 stage too but the single stage is priceless for speed and cleaning right down to the surface.
The only draw back in your case is the Suzuki engines are expensive to fix. The plus is 2 cycles at the slow speeds these run, 4250 rpm or less last a long time.

the expensive to fix part doesn't really apply. i see them all the time for 40-70$ if something expensive breaks buy another one take the parts off. you can buy 3 machines for $150 if you do it right.

as far as performance i am sure the 3hp versions are ok but i have had lots of single stage blowers over the last couple years. ccr3650's, 621e , hs621, ccr2000's and ran them side by side all with new paddles and as far as throwing distance and weight, ease of pushing.

the ccr2000 beat them in all 3.

Toro snow commander 7hp RTEK ...honda HS720 GC190 OHC
Toro ccr3650 6.5hp RTEK ....Ariens sno-tek 26" 208cc LCT
Ariens st824 924082 HMSK 80 ....Ariens path pro 136cc
Snowbelt_subie is offline  
post #10 of 15 Old 02-07-2018, 09:17 AM
Senior Member
 
uberT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Boston suburbs
Posts: 1,408
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 94
Thanks (Received): 84
Likes (Given): 219
Likes (Received): 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbelt_subie View Post
i sold 3 of them this season for $150 each

Agreed, great machine assuming it's 100% functional.
uberT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome