post #10001 of 12729 Old 10-14-2018, 09:24 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 22
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbs296 View Post
I'm with you on the no throttle control deal. I wonder if that's an EPA thing? Wide open or nothing just feels weird.
I don't think it's EPA so much as saving money on the cheaper machines by not needing the extra linkage on the governor. For personal use, I wouldn't buy a machine without a throttle control unless I knew I could add one, as I always warm up small engines at idle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10002 of 12729 Old 10-14-2018, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 509
Thanks (Received): 680
Likes (Given): 3834
Likes (Received): 1474
Garage
We have SNOW !! It's too warm to stick but they are really big beautiful flakes. They are hanging onto and covering the leaves still on the trees, looks wonderful. Just seems way too early for it. Was out cutting grass in the front yard last evening and vacuuming and brushing the pool. Time to shut the pool down for sure.

I agree on the throttle control, I think it's just cost.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10003 of 12729 Old 10-14-2018, 02:11 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 55
Thanks (Received): 42
Likes (Given): 195
Likes (Received): 122
Garage
Yes, I also like the throttle control for idle instead of stopping the machine. It's in the 40's at night here so no snow yet, probably another month. I crawled up in the attic this afternoon and brought a 20 amp wire down, cutting holes in the upper hallway and kitchen sheetrock. I'm resting for a bit and getting ready for another round soon. I'll bring that wire into the crawlspace of the garage next and run it down to the dedicated outlet for the fridge.
post #10004 of 12729 Old 10-14-2018, 03:07 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 10
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 38
Was just in the shed, looking for antifreeze to store my camper. Also took a quick inventory of oil, since its getting close to time to break out the snow machines and give the once over. Have a recoil on a Ariens path pro that needs replacing.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes gibbs296 liked this post
post #10005 of 12729 Old 10-14-2018, 03:11 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by rslifkin View Post
I don't think it's EPA so much as saving money on the cheaper machines by not needing the extra linkage on the governor. For personal use, I wouldn't buy a machine without a throttle control unless I knew I could add one, as I always warm up small engines at idle.
I thought i read a while back that some engines didnt have throttles control, since the engine was certified at a certain rpm for emisions. Along same lines as a un adjustable carb on small ope, like some chainsaws and mowers with the limit caps on them.
post #10006 of 12729 Old 10-14-2018, 05:14 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 53
Likes (Received): 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIT333 View Post
Fluid Film ?
I picked up a couple of cans of Fluid Film at Lowes. Interesting stuff. I cleaned off the grease with alcohol and coated the impeller, auger, housing, and chute with it.

I'm curious how the Fluid Film will hold up to the snow, and whether it affects the snow-blowing efficiency any. It's pretty slippery stuff.

I know that folks around here swear that spraying some kind of oil in the chute helps prevent the snow from caking, but I've never noticed that it made any difference. I think that's more a function of temperature than anything else. But I guess lubricating anything reduces friction, so maybe it does.

I also sprayed the underside of the lawn mower deck while I was at it. I have a hunch I'll wind up regretting that when the grass shavings stick to it. But that's why power washers were invented.

Richard
post #10007 of 12729 Old 10-14-2018, 05:29 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 638
Thanks (Received): 160
Likes (Given): 947
Likes (Received): 1026
Garage
started out fitting our vehicles for the winter.

each vehicle has a cb radio

extra food snacks and water bottles in a cooler to help prevent freezing

a blanket and shovel, air pump, tools, tire chains.

carpet for traction

flashlight , first aid kit , tow rope , tools , cell phone charger.

extra clothes, jacket , boots , raingear , gloves., xtra antifreeze, oil, windshield wash.

I also have a revolving flashing amber light that i can plug into the cig lighter. I know this is illegal but it has helped in the past to get people out of the way when I am trying to get to an exit when the road is closed ahead and we know of a back way around.

probably forgot sumting

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Grunt liked this post
post #10008 of 12729 Old 10-14-2018, 07:08 PM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 19
Likes (Received): 525
I never get that ready... Shovel, windshield scrapper, blanket, gas line anti-freeze, lock de-icer, mittens and cat litter at the most.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
post #10009 of 12729 Old 10-14-2018, 07:58 PM

Location: Minneapolis suburb that is the sister city to Lomianki Poland
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 112
Thanks (Received): 48
Likes (Given): 903
Likes (Received): 210
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
Was just in the shed, looking for antifreeze to store my camper. Also took a quick inventory of oil, since its getting close to time to break out the snow machines and give the once over. Have a recoil on a Ariens path pro that needs replacing.
How do you like that Path Pro? I'm a fan of the single stages.

Wake me up when the snow's done...
post #10010 of 12729 Old 10-15-2018, 12:00 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbs296 View Post
How do you like that Path Pro? I'm a fan of the single stages.
I have 2 of them, both the larger engine, one e start, one without, both have remote chute control. My oldest, from december 2013, has had new fuel line since it completly degraded within 2 years, and also redoing the recoil rope this year. It has some plastic cracks from vibrations. Second one abiut 2 years newer, is holding up better. They throw snow with authority, and start quickly. But they dont handle slush as well as a Toro ccr or any of there singke stages. It freezes and clogs chute . But i love the engine acess. Thats a weakpoint in toro, you have to dig to get to the engines.

OVERPOWERED is usually Adequate

Ariens 1128 Pro, 826 dle, 2 Path pro's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page