post #11381 of 12116 Old 02-14-2019, 03:45 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 29
Likes (Received): 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
Spent the morning trying to find a boost leak on my Trax 1.4l. Still no further ahead than when I started and still low boost.
best way to find it is a smoke machine. check youtube there are lots of cheap DIY smoke machines that you can make.

Toro snow commander 7hp RTEK ...honda HS720 GC190 OHC
Toro ccr3650 6.5hp RTEK ....Ariens sno-tek 26" 208cc LCT
Ariens st824 924082 HMSK 80 ....Ariens path pro 136cc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11382 of 12116 Old 02-14-2019, 03:52 PM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 19
Likes (Received): 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbelt_subie View Post
best way to find it is a smoke machine. check youtube there are lots of cheap DIY smoke machines that you can make.
Yeah! Funny you should mention that, I just got off the phone with a friend that has a smoke machine. Going to get this done as soon as he has a minute. Hopefully it is a leak and not a turbo failure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Snowbelt_subie liked this post
post #11383 of 12116 Old 02-14-2019, 03:54 PM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
No, just the 2015 expresso brown Encore like yours. Since both vehicles are similar and the Encore forum is kind of slow, I visit the Trax forum for information.
I love my Encore and get by with the Trax in the winter.

post #11384 of 12116 Old 02-14-2019, 03:58 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 23
Thanks (Received): 31
Likes (Given): 41
Likes (Received): 193
Garage
So...was still nice and warm/sunny. Decided to take advantage of it. I installed the electric starter on The Badger. I don't care what anybody says, sometimes it's a pain in the butt to do. I'd bet if I removed the gas tank it's a thousand times easier, but I got it done.

Works perfect at the moment, but we'll see if the Bendix stays unstuck. At least for now, my shoulders and elbows get a rest.

I'm done for the day. This old man is sore, filthy and hungry. Yet...a great day, got a lot done. I'll get pics of the new lineup some other day. And given I've now got The Badger set up for work...pretty sure Juneau is now definitely a parts machine. The frame and transmission are in great shape and the rest has lots of usable parts for both Badger and Frank. I'm still gonna tear the engine apart come spring (oil leak, governor shot), but I believe I'm not gonna touch it until then.

Unless I get bored of course

1974 Ariens 922008/922003 "Frankenstein", my dad's 1st new snowblower
1971 Ariens 922002/922003 "The Badger", recent addition, ready for snow
1971 Ariens 922002/922003 "Juneau", finally ready for snow
1971 Ariens 910962/910995 "Bill", SOLD 3/7/2019
post #11385 of 12116 Old 02-14-2019, 04:16 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Oops! double post somehow

Last edited by Coby7; 02-14-2019 at 04:18 PM.
post #11386 of 12116 Old 02-14-2019, 10:23 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 8
Garage
Ordered some shear bolts/nuts for the auger to have on hand for just in case.

Peace & All Good!

Honda 2015 HS928K1WA 28"
"She's a beaut, Clark! A beaut!"
post #11387 of 12116 Old 02-15-2019, 08:04 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
Today, I begin apparently my new "career". Word has gotten around that I know something about snowblowers and all the local shops are booked solid for 2-3 weeks. The latest heavy wet snow event apparently killed a lot of blowers across town, so people are scrambling looking for repairs to be done.

And more snow is coming Sunday. Maybe lots of snow. So, I will be going to a lady's house in town that needs a machine repaired. Never worked on a single stage before, but I got her to get me the particulars so I could pull an owner's/parts manual. I know what the issue is, and I've researched it - so I have a game plan.

I also had another person late last night contact me about a blower that won't start that'll I'll look at later today or tomorrow morning.

What's disconcerting is...this past couple weeks after a good 6 weeks off from working on my own machines - I've jumped back in with 2 new projects for myself, and have also began blowing out homes here in my neighborhood from our last heavy snow event.

My body is destroyed at the moment. The latest 2 projects didn't have an electric starter and didn't run, so my elbows and shoulders are very sore from pulling on the starter rope. Also, the arthritis in my knees is very cranky...the knees do not want to bend at all. And I'm simply sore all over from a very busy 7 days.

At least I finished up my two projects, but still. Yes, the cash in my pocket is nice and I need the money given I'm unemployed...but I sort of have to strike while there's work.

So, no rest for the weary.

post #11388 of 12116 Old 02-15-2019, 08:28 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 118
Thanks (Received): 267
Likes (Given): 347
Likes (Received): 603
Good luck! It's good to be in-demand, at least! Hopefully it's not too much.

If you'll forgive my curiosity, what's wrong with the SS? It's funny how simple my little 2 stroke SS is, vs my 2-stage. 1 belt, no gearbox, no shear pins, no transmission, no throttle, 1 control lever, no oil to change. Only visible bearings are for the paddles.

More limited then the 2-stage, of course, but a pretty straightforward little machine.

Ariens 1024 Pro
Toro Power Clear 221QR
Toro Power Curve 1800
post #11389 of 12116 Old 02-15-2019, 10:05 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 474
Thanks (Received): 336
Likes (Given): 288
Likes (Received): 1006
Angry Live From THE PARADISE CITY.

WHAT DID I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOI just called THAT BLOODY WANKER who had a parts machine 4 sale. THE BLOODY BOZO tells me yeah I sold it last Saturday. he says he sent me a e-mail and a text saying he sold it. never got the e-mail and there is no way in ELL he could have sent me a text to a land Line phone. I started e-mailing THAT BLOODY FREAKING BOZO ABOUT A MONTH AGO. and he took his sweet time getting in touch with me 4 the first time. then on the phone he says that the guy who bought it carried a compression tester with him to check it out. Now why in the name of ZEUS would he feel the need to divulge that info to me anyway. HE sounded like a BLOODY FREAKING ANAL LITTLE PUTZ of a Basket case that needs to be seen at BELLVIEW HOSPITAL. WHAT A BLOODY FREAKING MORON THAT GUY WAS!!!!!!!!! I am so ticked off right now I am on the verge of busting another keyboard while typing this out. GAWD I hate DEALING with people off of CL. BLOODY FREAKING HAVE NO CLUE WHAT SO EVER ON THINGS. JUST A BLOODY WANKER BUNCH OF IDIOT'S OUT THERE IN CL LAND.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes contender, guybb3 liked this post
post #11390 of 12116 Old 02-15-2019, 10:27 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctobyr View Post
Good luck! It's good to be in-demand, at least! Hopefully it's not too much.

If you'll forgive my curiosity, what's wrong with the SS? It's funny how simple my little 2 stroke SS is, vs my 2-stage. 1 belt, no gearbox, no shear pins, no transmission, no throttle, 1 control lever, no oil to change. Only visible bearings are for the paddles.

More limited then the 2-stage, of course, but a pretty straightforward little machine.
The lady says when she pulls on the bail to engage the auger blade, the cable won't pull at all.

It's a Lawn Boy 320E from the late 1990's. It appears it was made by Toro and is a near exact copy of a CCR1000E.

After perusing videos, my initial guess is maybe the belt broke and got jammed up, or something with the cable and clutch lever got iced/jammed up or broke. Maybe both...but at least the cover is roughly 5 bolts and easy to inspect the area most likely to have failed.

Seems simple enough to at least inspect.

We got a big (for us) snow Monday, wet and heavy. The issue started Tuesday when it was a LOT colder. It's a 3HP engine if my research is correct, and she told me her neighbor used it Tuesday morning when the issue began. I bet the machine for two driveways got a big workout, more than it can handle.

I told her...I may be able to figure it out, I may not. But at least I can look at it now versus waiting a couple weeks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page