LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11941 of 12116 Old 05-16-2019, 05:08 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 68
Thanks (Received): 10
Likes (Given): 97
Likes (Received): 107
Garage
Spent time at the Autoglass shop. Not happy. How is it that you can drive 4.5 hours to a small city in North Dakota that I really enjoy going to......and 4.45 hours back to Saskatchewan without a problem, and when you are 5 minutes, .....yes 5 frigging minutes from home, a truck flies by you, and smashes an $849.50 dollar windshield (Canadian) in a 2016 GMC Sierra...... ? And I mean smashed, not chipped.Nobody's fault, but I'm kinda grouchy today.

Life is short, so if you don't have the strength to laugh at yourself,
call me.....I'll laugh at you!
2014 Ariens Deluxe 28 with 291 CC Engine
2011 John Deere JS36 Self Propelled Mower
Too many Craftsman Mechanic/Yard tools to mention
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes orangputeh liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11942 of 12116 Old 05-16-2019, 08:14 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 22
Likes (Received): 6
Took the 19 year-old SUV into the shop for the annual moor vehicle inspection - always a good day when a 19 year old vehicle passes inspection needing no work. Now time to post it for sale on-line.
post #11943 of 12116 Old 05-16-2019, 08:19 PM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 19
Likes (Received): 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
Nobody's fault, but I'm kinda grouchy today.
I know the feeling, I was sitting behind a stupid woman spinning her studded tires last January and as I was in the process of putting my little Trax in reverse to back away from that idiot I heard and saw the stud hit my windshield. Words cannot express the frustration felt. Lady if you aren't going nowhere with studded tires at low power what makes you think you are going to be further ahead at full throttle. I could go on ranting but you intelligent people know what I mean.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks Cutter thanked for this post
Likes Cutter liked this post
post #11944 of 12116 Old 05-16-2019, 08:25 PM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 19
Likes (Received): 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda1132 View Post
Took the 19 year-old SUV into the shop for the annual moor vehicle inspection - always a good day when a 19 year old vehicle passes inspection needing no work. Now time to post it for sale on-line.
CRV? If they passed it, don't drive it, sell it. I can't believe the K frame passed on a 2000. They all rot beyond repair way earlier than that. Hopefully the buyer will get it checked by a different shop for their safety.

''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
post #11945 of 12116 Old 05-17-2019, 10:14 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 612
Thanks (Received): 140
Likes (Given): 840
Likes (Received): 883
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda1132 View Post
man, i remember those days of vehicle inspections in Massachusetts. I used to put a pack of Marlboro cigs on the dash where the sticker(red) was supposed to be because my older junker VW could never pass. there used to be an old guy who ran one of the stations that would sometimes pass you if he were real tired and not checking things. people said if you slipped him a couple bucks he would give you a sticker but I was so young and dumb did not know how to bribe him.

then i moved to California that does not inspect but have strict smog laws. now that i am older I think that's a good thing.keep your vehicles properly tuned and get good gas mileage.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
post #11946 of 12116 Old 05-17-2019, 11:39 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 15
Likes (Given): 7
Likes (Received): 27
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabora View Post
Replaced the upstream O2 sensors in the 2004 BMW 325xi Touring. Was getting P0430 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2). Graphed the O2 sensor voltages and it was definitely past time to replace the upstream sensors. Have to wait until tomorrow to get new logs to check the outcome.

Wanted to share myexperience on my Ls430 with p0430 is exhaust leaks near the downstream o2 sensor. If exhaust leaks outside oxygen will be read by downstream 02 after cat. Just something else to look at. If you have heat shield around exhaust the clamps can cause cracks in pipes.

1st time I got the p0430 code my snap on scan tool shows suggestions for the cause and it said replace y pipe. I was really thrown till I investigated and found cracked pipe from heat shield clamp 2 inches downstream after cat o2. I welded crack and was fixed. I realize bmw vs Lexus but obd2 crosses all makes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #11947 of 12116 Old 05-17-2019, 06:49 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
CRV? If they passed it, don't drive it, sell it. I can't believe the K frame passed on a 2000. They all rot beyond repair way earlier than that. Hopefully the buyer will get it checked by a different shop for their safety.
Nope, an Isuzu Trooper. Got it Rust Checked for the first 12 or so years that I had it. Going to post it for sale over the weekend. Picked up a 2016 Equinox for the "good car" the 2010 Santa Fe will become the "old beater" and day to day car
post #11948 of 12116 Old 05-17-2019, 06:52 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangputeh View Post
man, i remember those days of vehicle inspections in Massachusetts. I used to put a pack of Marlboro cigs on the dash where the sticker(red) was supposed to be because my older junker VW could never pass. there used to be an old guy who ran one of the stations that would sometimes pass you if he were real tired and not checking things. people said if you slipped him a couple bucks he would give you a sticker but I was so young and dumb did not know how to bribe him.

then i moved to California that does not inspect but have strict smog laws. now that i am older I think that's a good thing.keep your vehicles properly tuned and get good gas mileage.
It probably would not pass an emissions test, one of the catalytic converters has been shot for a while.
post #11949 of 12116 Old 05-17-2019, 08:25 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 612
Thanks (Received): 140
Likes (Given): 840
Likes (Received): 883
Garage
good day.

got about an inch of snow so i stared it down until it melted. walked dogs.

then listened to the Rolling Stones loud in garage while working on a 928. set fast throttle and idle, checked carb, new plug, oil, installed new impeller bearing and belts, and then reinstalled bucket.

then stared at it while drinking a Corona. salad and ravioli for dinner. like i said .......a good day.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes paulm12 liked this post
post #11950 of 12116 Old 05-17-2019, 09:40 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 36
Likes (Given): 156
Likes (Received): 104
Garage
Just a quiet day here. My durn back has been bothering me since my sister begged me to help her move a dresser down her steep Victorian stairs two weeks ago. I'm sitting on the couch waiting for it to get better and hoping it didn't cause a permanent pain. It did not hurt right away, only the next day, so I'm thinking I just strained it.

I'm watching "The Highwaymen" on Netflix, with Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson. They are two Texas Rangers chasing down Bonne and Clyde in 1934. Pretty good movie.

Honda HSS928AWD (upgraded chute, transmission)
Honda HS720AS (at sister's)
Honda EU2000i (generator)

Last edited by Miles; 05-17-2019 at 09:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page