LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 01-21-2019, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 7
Likes (Given): 42
Likes (Received): 12
Newspapers caught in snowblower

Heard this item on the radio today about newspapers and flyers getting caught in snowblower.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...yers-1.4986659
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 01-21-2019, 06:36 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 28
Thanks (Received): 25
Likes (Given): 180
Likes (Received): 41
Yep. happened to me last year. Flyers being thrown in the driveway during a snow storm. Delivery people dont care as long as they get rid of their quota. By the time I got
crap out of the augers and impeller and my HS 928 back up and running I lost close to 2 hours during a major storm. It broke off the impeller shear bolt and jammed it in the hole. Had to take it all apart to get a chance to punch out the middle piece. The house was vacant almost a year and the owner hadn't shut the flyers off. A great day.
post #3 of 25 Old 01-21-2019, 06:42 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 29
Likes (Given): 8
Likes (Received): 120
I had that happen once, but I was lucky and saw it just as it was being sucked into the augers. I let go of both handles and was just in time. It was a bit of a pain getting the intact paper out but it hadn't gone far enough to break a shear pin or do any other damage. **** papers!
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes micah68kj liked this post
post #4 of 25 Old 01-21-2019, 07:28 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 14
Same happened to me, the newspaper was hiding in the snow plow drift in front of the mailboxes. The paper was drawn in and jammed up the impeller. Took me 1.5 hours to take the reciprocating saw with a long blade to try and cut through the bunched up paper. That did not work so well so I resorted to the propane torch to burn it out. Finally got enough burned out that the rest could be pulled out by hand.
Not fun.
post #5 of 25 Old 01-21-2019, 07:43 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 54
Thanks (Received): 62
Likes (Given): 50
Likes (Received): 148
should send a bill to whom ever sent out flyer/newspaper or even charged for littering

Bought a dead but now fixed 1980ish craftsman II 10/28....ITS ONE HEAVY BEAST

MY VIDS ON FIXIN HER UP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 25 Old 01-21-2019, 07:53 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 29
Likes (Given): 8
Likes (Received): 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnycom View Post
should send a bill to whom ever sent out flyer/newspaper or even charged for littering
That would be an interesting class action suit. Not enough money for the lawyers to take it on though. But if it happened it would stop that practice of throwing fish wrappers in people's driveways.
post #7 of 25 Old 01-21-2019, 09:10 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 7
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVguy View Post
That would be an interesting class action suit. Not enough money for the lawyers to take it on though. But if it happened it would stop that practice of throwing fish wrappers in people's driveways.
I'd be tempted to go after them in small claims court if I bent an auger or broke a gearbox on one. Not worth it for a shear bolt though, and hopefully Ariens builds a solid enough machine that it would just be a shear bolt.

I wonder if the small claims courts around here can grant equitable relief. A court order to stop littering would be fun. Contempt charge every time they chuck their junk at my house.

Ariens Platinum 24 SHO EFI
post #8 of 25 Old 01-22-2019, 01:05 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 53
Likes (Given): 105
Likes (Received): 72
Been there and done that. Glad to have shear pins and not solid bolts like on Toro's.

Current machines
Ariens 926LE

Yard Machine 22" upgraded with 6.5 HP Predator
post #9 of 25 Old 01-22-2019, 07:42 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 341
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1108
"SR'' Eats those things 4 breakfast, lunch and dinner around here. and spits oot the remains 30ft away from Ground Zero.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #10 of 25 Old 01-22-2019, 07:43 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 341
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro-8-2-4 View Post
Been there and done that. Glad to have shear pins and not solid bolts like on Toro's.
The Engine will stall oot when it hits that subject. THAT IS WHY THERE ARE NO BLOODY SHEAR PINS IN TOROS!!!!!!!!!!

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page