LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-24-2019, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 43
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 110
Total Sq. Ft. of area's Snowblown

This year because of my injuries my wife has taken on the task of snow blowing, she has done it before and likes to be out in the winter and says its good exercise for her.
She laid out how and what she wanted to be cleared, including runs to the barns and even the trail for walking the dog, a path to the wood stove building, not to mention the main driveway and parking area. And as well a trail for moving wood to the stove building.

The blower is a 3 yr old Ariens 28 Deluxe w/ 291cc. Today I measured out the sq. ft of the cleared area that is presently being done and it comes in at 16430 sq ft. per snowfall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-24-2019, 10:34 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 11
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 15
Lucky to have such a dependable helper while you are on the mend. Hopefully she will share her new toy when you are ready!
post #3 of 6 Old 01-24-2019, 11:49 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 12
Likes (Received): 11
Due to my rotator cuff surgery on Nov 15 and the fact I would be in a sling for 8 weeks my wife would need to do our snow blowing and shoveling this winter, lucky for her there was only one day Jan 1st that needed snow removal and I just went and got three of our grandsons to help me.
I've been out of my sling for two weeks now and the last two days I've been using the snowblower and their calling for up to 6" more by tomorrow night.
post #4 of 6 Old 01-24-2019, 11:54 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 149
It does add up fast if you have that sort of property. I was at about 15,000 SF with paths, outbuildings and such. Things have evolved to where a few areas really aren't worth spending time on so I'm closer to 12,000 so far. Run time is 1:15 to 3:15 depending on the storm. Given a choice I do it all at once after the storm.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-25-2019, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 43
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 110
Yea she has been out this morning since 8:30 we had a winter weather advisory last night for possible system and lake effect snow.

Got 10" inches last night. Glad it wasn't a STORM!!
post #6 of 6 Old 01-25-2019, 10:34 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 22
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 62
Total area for me that has to be cleared is just over 2600 sq ft (driveway plus sidewalk). Depending on how much snow we get I'll sometimes end up doing a bit of extra (making a spot to put the garbage cans out, clearing a path through the yard for the dog if the snow is more than about 18" deep, etc.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page