LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 02-09-2019, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 5
Toro personal Pace Motor Slows Down

One question about my Personal Pace mower. I might need to bring it to shop. The mower is like it goes into a slow run for about maybe a minute or two while mowing. Same height grass as the rest of yard where it ran full speed. Not a surge, but it just slows way down and runs like that for a minute or two and then speeds up again to normal. I will pull bowl off carb and clean jet and see if maybe water issue in gas. I added one of those little red mesh filters inline on my fuel line, could that be the issue. I got so sick of cleaning the jet on my ex's mower that I put one on each of our mowers and asked her to also filter her gas through a coleman lantern funnel when she fills her. this prob with my motor has me perplexed and i might just take it to shop if I can't get it figured out. The mower is a Toro personal Pace Model 20334, Serial number 310017498.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-09-2019, 07:54 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 236
Thanks (Received): 275
Likes (Given): 2796
Likes (Received): 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowman View Post
I added one of those little red mesh filters inline on my fuel line, could that be the issue.

Did the mower run good before you installed the filter? It could be restricting gas flow.
Have you tried loosening the gas cap when it slows down?

It looks like you have a Briggs engine with auto choke, are the carb springs in place and not stretched?

Toro 8/24 (38080) 1989
Toro 421-QZE (38585) 2008

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page