Murdoch's Farm&Ranch chain - 20% off ALL snowblowers - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 02-11-2019, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 2
Murdoch's Farm&Ranch chain - 20% off ALL snowblowers

I live in the Front Range foothills in Colorado, where we *used* to get a lot of snow, but haven't for a few years. This year I have a feeling we are going to actually get our normal Spring dumps (multiple three footers, the record is seven feet, I'm not kidding), so I went looking for a new snowblower to replace my broken old Honda HS80 track machine.

I happened to be in Murdoch's over the weekend, a Farm and Ranch chain that operates in the Rocky Mountains, and they had *all* in-stock snowblowers at 20% off, including Honda. The sale card on the machines said the sale ran from 1/21-1/31, but the sale is still going on. Even the sales people didn't realize it.

They have Husqvarna and Honda blowers. I found the snowblower I always wanted, a Honda HSS1332ATD, for 20% off!

Anyway, if you are near a Murdoch's and need a blower, call them and see what they have in stock. It has to be a machine they have in stock, they won't order with the 20% off deal. I don't know how long the sale will last, because *they* didn't know themselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-11-2019, 12:39 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 19
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 27
We have a few Murdochs stores here too. I visit probably once a month to pick up dog food, tools, etc. Will have to check it out. Not that I need a new blower, since I just bought one this season. But would be curious to see if they stock any Hondas. All I've ever seen displayed outside our local store is Husqvarna.

Ariens Pro 32 Hydro Rapidtrak
post #3 of 5 Old 02-11-2019, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdinMontana View Post
We have a few Murdochs stores here too. I visit probably once a month to pick up dog food, tools, etc. Will have to check it out. Not that I need a new blower, since I just bought one this season. But would be curious to see if they stock any Hondas. All I've ever seen displayed outside our local store is Husqvarna.

The Honda Power Equipment site shows Murdoch's in Helena and Butte are both Honda snowblower dealers. Maybe the Hondas are always sold out?

I almost went with the big Husqvarna wheeled machine they had for a lot less money, but I have a very steep 400ft driveway and I tried a neighbor's large wheeled machine once, it had problems even with chains. I have a little Troy Bilt 24" wheeled machine I bought used for cheap that I tried out a few weeks ago for the first time. Eight inches of snow and it couldn't get up my drive without me muscling it, and then three of the four shear pins broke in 30 minutes. Definitely a suburban housewife snowblower. If I had a flat driveway I might have saved the cash and gone with the Husky. I figure that potentially fewer cuss words and better resale make the ridiculous cost of the Honda worth it. I'll find out when, and if, we actually get any deep snow this Spring.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-12-2019, 08:07 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 39
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 47
The tread on tires makes a huge difference, my neighbor has a ariens with more round tire, and I have a new Husqvarna with the more square snow hog tires, after using both the snow hog tires have much better grip, he bought his ariens maybe 3 years ago, do u have experience with either of thoes tread types?

Noma 10/29
Cub cadet 5/26 conv to 8/26
Toro 8/24
Husqvarna st230p
post #5 of 5 Old 02-16-2019, 02:42 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 82
Likes (Given): 56
Likes (Received): 247
Thanks for the heads up from a fellow Coloradoite.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page