LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-19-2019, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
New Ariens 24” deluxe chute control

Just curious if anybody likes or dislikes the chute control on the deluxe models. I was going to buy one then after playing around with it not sure if it’s problematic or a pain in the butt to deal with
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-19-2019, 04:50 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 101
Likes (Received): 243
Once you get used to it, itís fine, Most only turn it when changing direction so itís no issue IMHO

Sno-Tek Modded, 15"X-Track tires (Now has same X-Track tires but 13"x4" for better fit), 254cc engine LED light and hand warmers.
Snapper 6/22 sold but not forgotten. Was my first.
Ariens ST1027LE workhorse and going strong.
New 2017 Ariens Deluxe completely rebuilt after losing a fight with a forklift.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-19-2019, 05:07 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 61
Likes (Given): 53
Likes (Received): 167
I played with the Deluxe and the Platinum, and while I ultimately bought the Platinum, I'm not certain that I would not have preferred to have has the chute control from the Deluxe. The stick on the Platinum just plain does not move well while blowing, unlike every other blower I have owned, making me think that the control on the Deluxe may work better in that regard, since it has a better mechanical advantage.

My need is the ability to change chute direction while moving ... at the head of the driveway, I need to throw a bit ahead of me to miss the house, and at the end of the drive, a bit behind to keep my stream out of the road . . . never had to stop before to make those changes, but now gotta wonder . . . . That, and seems a bit difficult to hit a specific position with the stick on the Platinum.

As far as leaning over, not sure I would care - it's not that far. I'm fairly tall, so might actually prefer it to the older machines cranks that were below the dash and that made you reach down.
post #4 of 6 Old 02-19-2019, 09:32 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 30
Likes (Given): 8
Likes (Received): 120
I bought a Deluxe 24 in December of 2017 and have no complaints, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. That said we really haven't had a lot of snow to tax it's capabilities hard but going by other Ariens snowblowers I've had in the past (given to relatives for various reasons) I see no cause to have any doubts about this one.

I have not found the chute control to be a hassle although admittedly it is a bit awkward, it is not enough to make me regret buying it. I am far more concerned with reliability and durability - the best ergonomics are worthless if it won't start or things constantly break! While the stick on the Platinum seems easier to reach, from watching videos it seems a bit "sensitive" in that the chute moves a lot for relatively little stick movement. Not having ever used one I can't say if that's an issue or not.

When using the Deluxe 24 I do have to change the chute position not only at the end of a row but often during the row to avoid throwing snow on a fire hydrant and burying it, and my mailbox. I don't find the location of the chute crank to be anything worth complaining about. YMMV, of course.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-19-2019, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
So I’ve read that Ariens has a problem with shearing pins, is this true on all models or certain models
post #6 of 6 Old 02-19-2019, 10:26 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 30
Likes (Given): 8
Likes (Received): 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlindners View Post
So Iíve read that Ariens has a problem with shearing pins, is this true on all models or certain models
That's the first I've ever heard of it. I did break a shearing pin once and that was no surprise since that was a pretty big chunk of very hard ice I'd hit. I'm not familiar with all models, just the few I've used.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page