LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 02-21-2019, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 135
Likes (Given): 70
Likes (Received): 241
Getting Creative with Snow Removal

OK, time to get creative with snow removal... Top this, please: https://www.facebook.com/VT/videos/378527282944477/
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks contender thanked for this post
Likes contender, detdrbuzzard liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 02-22-2019, 12:01 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 141
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 292
I love it.

But try that with our northeast snow.

Honda HSS1328AATD | Honda HS720 | Toro Powerlite | Simplicity 860se

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 Old 02-22-2019, 12:33 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 51
Thanks (Received): 59
Likes (Given): 56
Likes (Received): 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmerdp View Post
I love it.

Dr, did you guys get that snow yesterday at all or Just rain??? I always picture snow down near you as more wet??? Cape may...Atlantic city goes to my mind.

We got a couple inches of snow then more sleet but I think ended as rain and it was sheer paste this afternoon...Snowblower was puking snow but I always forget when you have paste you can not have chute at sharp right or left kinda have to have it at a 45. Impeller kit next!!!!
post #4 of 14 Old 02-22-2019, 10:52 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplicitySolid22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmerdp View Post
I love it.

Dr, did you guys get that snow yesterday at all or Just rain??? I always picture snow down near you as more wet??? Cape may...Atlantic city goes to my mind.

We got a couple inches of snow then more sleet but I think ended as rain and it was sheer paste this afternoon...Snowblower was puking snow but I always forget when you have paste you can not have chute at sharp right or left kinda have to have it at a 45. Impeller kit next!!!!
I’m at 1300ft in north jersey, so I usually get more snow then the areas around me. I had 2” of snow, then sleet that packed down into 2.5” of dense snow, followed by rain creating a Sopping wet mess.

I just used my hs720 single stage. No need for the big machine.

Definitely install impeller seals. It’s a game changer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 Old 02-22-2019, 11:53 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 153
Likes (Given): 52
Likes (Received): 541
Snow so wet in Lakeville that the blowers with the kit just threw it 4 or 5 feet, and the one I tried without it clogged in two steps.
post #6 of 14 Old 02-22-2019, 12:10 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 25
Thanks (Received): 20
Likes (Given): 92
Likes (Received): 38
Garage
tabora, that was awesome.....but I did notice the lack of a seat belt, wouldn't want to hit a rut or the curb.....
post #7 of 14 Old 02-22-2019, 01:09 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranman View Post
Snow so wet in Lakeville that the blowers with the kit just threw it 4 or 5 feet, and the one I tried without it clogged in two steps.
Depends on the machine. A storm a few weeks ago, left 3 of slush so wet its translucent. My HSS threw/pumped it 30 feet.

post #8 of 14 Old 02-22-2019, 01:18 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 34
Garage
As a kid, my parents bought me a Tonka plow truck. I couldn't find the exact picture, but it looked similar to this, a bit bigger :

Back then, we kids played outside all day long, only getting inside to eat or sleep. I don't remember it, but my father once told me that after most snowfalls, unless we had to leave he'd just clear the driveway in the evening. Some times he would get out to discover the driveway all plowed, done by little me with my plow truck. I had some serious fun doing it and it kept me busy for a whole morning.

1999 Craftsman 11.0/31 (C950-52930-0)
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes tabora liked this post
post #9 of 14 Old 02-23-2019, 01:14 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranman View Post

Yeah that was me(no kit) Cran......Impeller kit in need for sure. Wow that was wet to only go that far with a kit.....
Shoveling was for the birds though that was seriously heavy snow I did ten feet at top of driveway late afternoon just to test ....so then it became SNOWBLOWER time!!!! I will say for the weight of that paste and no kit and figuring out proper chute angle my HMSK80 performed well...

This might be silly but when you get paste.....But for non kitters.....REMEMBER your chute angle... do not go to sharp to left or right more like at a 45 when at controls....!!!
I stopped clogging once I remembered that... Also carry a scrapper with you or your clean out tool.....or better yet put one at top of driveway and one at bottom in paste situations. I wish I had got out earlier might have been lighter. Also speed is key as well 4 out of 5 worked best for yesterday.
post #10 of 14 Old 02-23-2019, 01:16 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by broo View Post
As a kid, my parents bought me a Tonka plow truck. I couldn't find the exact picture, but it looked similar to this, a bit bigger :

Back then, we kids played outside all day long, only getting inside to eat or sleep. I don't remember it, but my father once told me that after most snowfalls, unless we had to leave he'd just clear the driveway in the evening. Some times he would get out to discover the driveway all plowed, done by little me with my plow truck. I had some serious fun doing it and it kept me busy for a whole morning.

The good Ole days!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page