Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 0
When is the best time to purchase?

First time buyer so I need advice.
Two stage.. budget about 800.
Will the current models just disappear now...or remain and go on sale when the new models arrive?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-26-2019, 08:12 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 101
Likes (Received): 243
They sell what ever is left over and the new models, Stores used to sell the old models cheap but not so much any more, they now put them into storage until the next season so I would watch for any clearence of floor models or wait for fall to see the new line up.

Sno-Tek Modded, 15"X-Track tires (Now has same X-Track tires but 13"x4" for better fit), 254cc engine LED light and hand warmers.
Snapper 6/22 sold but not forgotten. Was my first.
Ariens ST1027LE workhorse and going strong.
New 2017 Ariens Deluxe completely rebuilt after losing a fight with a forklift.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-26-2019, 08:34 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 118
Thanks (Received): 277
Likes (Given): 358
Likes (Received): 632
Alternately, if you're open to going used, there are usually good deals to be found in the off-season.

Welcome to the forum!

Ariens 1024 Pro
Toro Power Clear 221QR
Toro Power Curve 1800
post #4 of 8 Old 03-26-2019, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 332
Likes (Given): 148
Likes (Received): 750
If you are buying new, March and April are probably the best months. Look for dealers that didnt sell out and still have some in stock. (I dont recommend buying from a big-box)

"Model years" dont really mean much with snowblowers, its not like cars. Most dealers wont be offering discounts on "last years models" in the fall, because they consider them all the same, for the most part. It would be up to you, the customer, to know the model numbers and say "this one is a year old, this one is new, will you offer a discount on last years model?"., its rare, but it has happened. Dealers wont even say which is which if they arent asked, because they dont need to. Often in the Autumn "last years model" and "the new models" are exactly the same..both are "new" in the sense they have never been used, one is just 12 months older than the other. And if they have been stored indoors the whole time, there is realistically no real difference. The exact same model can often run 2 or 3 years.

For used, Spring and Summer are best to buy, Autumn and Winter the worst. (Reverse that if you are the seller)

Scot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by sscotsman; 03-26-2019 at 08:49 PM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes contender liked this post
post #5 of 8 Old 03-27-2019, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauntae View Post
They sell what ever is left over and the new models, Stores used to sell the old models cheap but not so much any more, they now put them into storage until the next season so I would watch for any clearence of floor models or wait for fall to see the new line up.
Thankyou...are fall prices usually good?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
post #6 of 8 Old 03-27-2019, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctobyr View Post
Alternately, if you're open to going used, there are usually good deals to be found in the off-season.

Welcome to the forum!
Havent found any great deals on CL for used yet...not in my area anyway
Most people here plow snow.

post #7 of 8 Old 03-27-2019, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscotsman View Post
If you are buying new, March and April are probably the best months. Look for dealers that didnt sell out and still have some in stock. (I dont recommend buying from a big-box)

"Model years" dont really mean much with snowblowers, its not like cars. Most dealers wont be offering discounts on "last years models" in the fall, because they consider them all the same, for the most part. It would be up to you, the customer, to know the model numbers and say "this one is a year old, this one is new, will you offer a discount on last years model?"., its rare, but it has happened. Dealers wont even say which is which if they arent asked, because they dont need to. Often in the Autumn "last years model" and "the new models" are exactly the same..both are "new" in the sense they have never been used, one is just 12 months older than the other. And if they have been stored indoors the whole time, there is realistically no real difference. The exact same model can often run 2 or 3 years.

For used, Spring and Summer are best to buy, Autumn and Winter the worst. (Reverse that if you are the seller)

Scot
I been eyeing the toro 824 OE for 850 dollars..I dont know if that is a good deal or if it may come down.
The other toro 824 OE is 800 but has smaller tires and a Briggs engine as well as plastic chute...I assume it was an earlier production run..I dont mind the plastic chute..but the smaller tires and power curve of the briggs are not worth the fifty bucks in savings to me

post #8 of 8 Old 03-27-2019, 01:32 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 636
Thanks (Received): 160
Likes (Given): 939
Likes (Received): 1017
Garage
look at the floor models and find one with a scratch. point this out to dealer and offer 200 less than list price. he may take it . that is how my wife and i got a new kitchen appliances. nothing wrong with trying.
all they can say is no and all you can say is no. ask and thy shall receive.

heard that in a book somewhere.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page