LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 Old 08-20-2019, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 637
Thanks (Received): 160
Likes (Given): 940
Likes (Received): 1022
Garage
I had one guy give me half down payment and said he had to go to ATM machine for the rest of cash and meanwhile he was trying to load snowblower in his vehicle.

i said " wait a minute , you have to pay me rest of cash before you take."

and he replied "you mean you don't trust me?"

i can't make this stuff up.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 09-05-2019, 05:43 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 50
Thanks (Received): 14
Likes (Given): 56
Likes (Received): 31
I'm to the point where I clearly state in all of my ads, "Price is FIRM, Cash Only, No Trades". While that doesn't stop everybody from trying to haggle, I stick to my listed price. One thing that always seals the deal when people come over "to see" my snowblowers is showing them my 35 point checklist of service items. I don't BS any prospective buyers and won't tolerate BS from them either.

Having said that, 99% of my buyers are the nicest, most honest people you could ever meet. It's the 1% of lowballers, scammers and fast talkers that ruin it for everyone.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes orangputeh, aldfam4 liked this post
post #13 of 13 Old 09-05-2019, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 637
Thanks (Received): 160
Likes (Given): 940
Likes (Received): 1022
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod330 View Post
I'm to the point where I clearly state in all of my ads, "Price is FIRM, Cash Only, No Trades". While that doesn't stop everybody from trying to haggle, I stick to my listed price. One thing that always seals the deal when people come over "to see" my snowblowers is showing them my 35 point checklist of service items. I don't BS any prospective buyers and won't tolerate BS from them either.

Having said that, 99% of my buyers are the nicest, most honest people you could ever meet. It's the 1% of lowballers, scammers and fast talkers that ruin it for everyone.
agree

my biggest thing is getting them to the garage. once they see my set up they are 90% sold.

i do get a lot of replies asking questions and i usually say come over and I'll answer all questions in person. then i never hear back. I put plenty of info and pictures in the ads to cut down on questions and to entice people to come over.

I'm pretty firm on price but sometimes I'll take a little bit off if I like the people. I've even turned down sales from people who are ready to pay but who are ignorant and rude about it. Life's too short and i have found out the hard way that these are the people who usually email or complain about things after the sale. I especially dislike the ones that say for a little more they can buy a new machine. I tell them go ahead buy new. They can give the dealer a headache then.

your right about the nice people. outnumber the bad 10-1 but you tend to remember the bad ones.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 3 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Grunt, aldfam4, rod330 liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in