What would you do? New Snow blower delivered from dealer with issues? - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 80 Old 10-15-2019, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 18
Today I got my new Toro QZE 821 delivered from a Toro dealer near me, it was actually delivered from the owner himself.

Upon arrival the gas tank has two gouges in it, and the handle where the pull cord attachment attaches there’s a large scratch as well.

Then on top of that he does not bring the owners manual.

I asked him about the scratches, he told me I could just go get some touch up paint. I was not real thrilled with his answer. I asked him about the owners manual he said that he’ll see if he can get one from the shop and mail it to me. I know I can download one off the Internet, but that’s not the point

He charged my credit card prior to delivering my snowblower.

I excepted the snowblower, letting him know my frustrations about the scratches and he went on his way

After he left, I moved the snowblower to a level spot in my garage. I opened the dipstick for the oil and oil poured all over the floor. A bunch of oil, which shows me that it was overfilled.

Here’s a video of the oil being over filled

I emailed the owner, the person that delivered the snowblower. I told the owner in the email that he can bring me a new snowblower, ensure that it’s a perfect cosmetic and mechanical condition, no scratches, oil level filled appropriately, and an owners manual. Then we can exchange that for the one he originally delivered.

Or he can come pick up the snowblower and provide me a refund.

If neither work I can bring it back to this dealer, and just get a refund myself.

This Dealer has been in business for over 25 years, and as a family business. Very good reviews. I didn’t expect the poor attention to detail with the scratches, oil being over filled, and not even bringing owners manual.

Prior to this, I was going to order my snowblower from Home Depot, I’ve ordered my last two snowblowers from Home Depot they arrived in perfect condition, I assembled them myself, and never had an issue with either one. This time I decided to go through a dealer.

I haven’t heard back from the dealer, I’m waiting to see what he does, or says.

Sold Honda HS620 to buy Toro QZR621
Sold Toro QZR 621 to buy Toro QZE 721
Sold Toro QZE 721 to buy Current Toro QZE 821

Last edited by steeve725; 10-15-2019 at 02:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 Old 10-15-2019, 08:47 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 89
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 220
Stinks royally. Let us know what the dealer does. I would probably plead your case with Toro, and get them involved. Can you stop payment on your purchase to get some leverage?
post #3 of 80 Old 10-15-2019, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIT333 View Post
Stinks royally. Let us know what the dealer does. I would probably plead your case with Toro, and get them involved. Can you stop payment on your purchase to get some leverage?
At this time I’m not gonna contact my credit card and try to stop payment. I’m gonna give this dealer today to see if he’ll get back with me and see what he’ll says or he’ll do to make it right.

Yea, It sucks. I’m frustrated.

post #4 of 80 Old 10-15-2019, 11:57 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 7
Likes (Received): 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeve725 View Post
At this time Iím not gonna contact my credit card and try to stop payment. Iím gonna give this dealer today to see if heíll get back with me and see what heíll says or heíll do to make it right.

Yea, It sucks. Iím frustrated.
I wouldn't wait Cancelling the CC purchase. After all, you aren't going to accept that blower so why pay for it, unless you got the "scratch and dent" or "just used in the shop" demo discount.
post #5 of 80 Old 10-15-2019, 12:08 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 694
Thanks (Received): 187
Likes (Given): 1118
Likes (Received): 1126
Garage
Quote:
Today I got my new Toro QZE 821 delivered from a Toro dealer near me, it was actually delivered from the owner himself.

Upon arrival the gas tank has two gouges in it, and the handle where the pull cord attachment attaches thereís a large scratch as well.

I asked him about the scratches, he told me I could just go get some touch up paint. I was not real thrilled with his answer. I asked him about the owners manual he said that heíll see if he can get one from the shop and mail it to me. I know I can download one off the Internet, but thatís not the point

I excepted the snowblower, letting him know my frustrations about the scratches and he went on his way

After he left, I moved the snowblower to a level spot in my garage. I opened the dipstick for the oil and oil poured all over the floor. A bunch of oil, which shows me that it was overfilled.

Hereís a video of the oil being over filled

I emailed the owner, the person that delivered the snowblower. I told the owner in the email that he can bring me a new snowblower, ensure that itís a perfect cosmetic and mechanical condition, no scratches, oil level filled appropriately, and an owners manual. Then we can exchange that for the one he originally delivered.

If neither work I can bring it back to this dealer, and just get a refund myself.

This Dealer has been in business for over 25 years, and as a family business. Very good reviews. I didnít expect the poor attention to detail with the scratches, oil being over filled, and not even bringing owners manual.

Prior to this, I was going to order my snowblower from Home Depot, Iíve ordered my last two snowblowers from Home Depot they arrived in perfect condition, I assembled them myself, and never had an issue with either one. This time I decided to go through a dealer.

I havenít heard back from the dealer, Iím waiting to see what he does, or says.
With all due respect you should not have accepted the snowblower. That's water under the bridge so you did the right thing in asking for a replacement or refund. I would strongly recommend filing a dispute with your CC company and letting the business know about it. CC companies take disputes very seriously and usually go in favor with the customer. That is why we make major purchases with our AMX or CITI Visa card. We have never lost a dispute.

It seems like this business owner thinks by ignoring you , you will go away. Let him know about the dispute and don't go away until you receive satisfaction.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Lunta liked this post
post #6 of 80 Old 10-15-2019, 12:31 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 74
Thanks (Received): 74
Likes (Given): 250
Likes (Received): 297
Call Toro Corporate's customer service and let them manhandle this guy. He should stand to attention when they come a calling.

1989 John Deere 1032
1979 Toro 5/24 38040 (now a 6.5/24)
2015 Snapper Pro SW30 52" Mower
post #7 of 80 Old 10-15-2019, 05:56 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 73
Thanks (Received): 89
Likes (Given): 76
Likes (Received): 158
Its four o'clock out there now so you better call quick before they roll up the sidewalks at their office.

You need to dispute the credit card charge today too as he never should have charged you before he delivered it.
post #8 of 80 Old 10-15-2019, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangputeh View Post
Quote:

Upon arrival the gas tank has two gouges in it, and the handle where the pull cord attachment attaches there’s a large scratch as well.

I asked him about the scratches, he told me I could just go get some touch up paint. I was not real thrilled with his answer. I asked him about the owners manual he said that he’ll see if he can get one from the shop and mail it to me. I know I can download one off the Internet, but that’s not the point

Here’s a video of the oil being over filled

I emailed the owner, the person that delivered the snowblower. I told the owner in the email that he can bring me a new snowblower, ensure that it’s a perfect cosmetic and mechanical condition, no scratches, oil level filled appropriately, and an owners manual. Then we can exchange that for the one he originally delivered.

This Dealer has been in business for over 25 years, and as a family business. Very good reviews. I didn’t expect the poor attention to detail with the scratches, oil being over filled, and not even bringing owners manual.

Prior to this, I was going to order my snowblower from Home Depot, I’ve ordered my last two snowblowers from Home Depot they arrived in perfect condition, I assembled them myself, and never had an issue with either one. This time I decided to go through a dealer.

I haven’t heard back from the dealer, I’m waiting to see what he does, or says.
With all due respect you should not have accepted the snowblower. That's water under the bridge so you did the right thing in asking for a replacement or refund. I would strongly recommend filing a dispute with your CC company and letting the business know about it. CC companies take disputes very seriously and usually go in favor with the customer. That is why we make major purchases with our AMX or CITI Visa card. We have never lost a dispute.

It seems like this business owner thinks by ignoring you , you will go away. Let him know about the dispute and don't go away until you receive satisfaction.
Yes, your right, I shouldn’t have accepted it.

I did finally hear back from the owner of the dealer.

He told me in a very short brief email reply “I’ll give you a refund and come pick it up, I’ll let you know when”

Now off to look for another dealer or place to buy it from.

What an experience buying from a dealer. I’ve purchased 2 snowblowers from dealers and the rest used off Craigslist and 2 from Home Depot.

This dealer experience has been the worst experience yet.

At least with craigslist you know the items used and you’re not expecting as much. The first dealer I bought from many years ago went well, it was a Honda snowblower. I like Toro single stages better.

And yes, wow lots of people knock Home Depot, I understand why, I’ve had great experience.

When there’s snow blowers at Home Depot that you have to purchase online, (the QZE 821 is not sold locally at any one of my Home Depot’s) I go to the service desk order it online where I could still get my military discount, and they ordered directly from Toro. This is What I’ve done with them to last snow blowers I’ve purchased from Home Depot

If I can’t find another dealer that has it in stock and doesn’t want to match the price that this dealer gave me, I may have to go the route of buying from Home Depot. I can put them together, I’ve done in the past.

It’s hard to let this dealer experience not bother me and put a bad taste in my mouth. Yes it’s my fault for excepting the snowblower in this condition, and I understand that.

He told me he’s going to give me a full refund and come pick it up. I’ll see when and if this happens.

Post Thanks / Like - 2 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks Hanky, orangputeh thanked for this post
post #9 of 80 Old 10-16-2019, 02:09 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
I would have told him "You go get some touch up paint ,when you take it back to where you brought it from " ,that is lazy business there , I bought a new Toro mower from an authorized dealer and i said something about credit terms after looking at the Toro website , and the guy behind the counter said , " It dont work that way ?" ,you figure a dealer would know what is on the company website regarding financing options , then you can sell more inventory , to make a long story short i was not impressed with that Toro dealer .
post #10 of 80 Old 10-16-2019, 02:22 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 98
Likes (Given): 420
Likes (Received): 192
I asked about Ariens Credit offers when I was purchasing my Ariens Pro 28. The Toro/Ariens dealer I bought it from asked if I had a Toro card. I said sure, and they said that you can also make non-Toro purchases using that account. I jumped at the 0% for 12 months offer. My dealer experience was excellent but they are not local. I had to go an extra 40 minutes away because my local full line Ariens dealer is not the best.

2016 Ariens Professional 28
2017 Toro Power Clear 721R
2018 Simplicity Select 1024
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page