Snowblower Forum banner

" Handy Tips "

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Oneacer 
#1 · (Edited)
Just an idea, but maybe there could be a Forum called " Handy Tips ".

This could be Snowblower related, and shop related as well. A place to share general working handy tips, such as this ... A quick solution to always having the spray bottles at hand in my work bench, by just suspending a piece of tubing from the ceiling trusses using a piece of chain I had laying around, or you could use rope also. Saves from having to go over to a shelf any time I needed something.

There are many nifty things people do to save time, quick fixes, and anything to make life a bit easier.

Reactions: evh
#4 ·
I use those Costco tubbs ( $5.99 when on sale ) for parts and have a piece of paper on front listing the contents. one is just for carburetors , some are for a specific model blower. saves time looking for parts.

tubbs are up on the shelves in picture.

Attachments

#5 ·
@orang,

nice idea ....

btw, where did you get your parts washer, and what do you use for solution? I currently use a plastic dish pan, and Zep Orange De-greaser, works very well for me, but that parts washer you have is nice.

#6 ·
Amazon. It's small but good for my needs. I used Oil Eater the first time. new at this so am going to experiemnt with different degreasers. as you can see I get everything small since this is just a hobby and I have room limits. am planning on upgrading equipment as I go along. already started buying better tools , drill bits , and some specialty tools. Spent $30 on some Vampliers , recommended by donyboy73. They paid for themselves the first couple times I used them.

Learned the hard way too many times......buy cheap - buy twice

#7 ·
I've been using PSC 1000 from Tractor Supply. I think it works great. I don't even have a parts cleaner. I just have a small tub with a lid and I leave a paint brush and tooth brush in it. Works well. I am really constrained on space, so no room for a nice floor standing parts cleaner. Some day....

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/crown-psc-1000-parts-cleaner-5-gal

#8 ·
I use Krud Kutter as a cleaner, like it, has good reviews, Oil Eater also had good reviews, maybe I'll try that next time.

#10 · (Edited)
Another thing I fashioned to help me greatly, is putting my kerosene heater on a swivel wheel platform I made from spare material. That way I can either easily swivel it pointing out from under the bench where it is now easily stored, or move it anywhere very easily. I also have it on a 12 gauge cord , remote press button plug, allowing me to control it on and off by a remote button from anywhere in the garage. Also put some rubber, self stick tabs underneath the heater, so it does not move on the platform.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.