Rev up your augers and air intakes now ! !es - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-03-2019, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Rev up your augers and air intakes now ! !es

Rev up your augers ! Actually the other Scotty Kilmer on YouTube just saved my bacon...
My Deere X320 was really hard to start
I put a new battery in and two new spark plugs.... I fitted a new factory air filter
No joy.. turned but didn't fire for ages and ages

Then I remembered Scotty on about air intake cleaner.. I had a walmart can handy as I splatted my wife's Camry with some 2 years ago...

Anyway, I just took my new air cleaner out, started the engine with great difficulty and squirted a ton of air intake cleaner in while it was running ..

The engine coughed and burped and then sounded better. I turned the engine off, squirted a load more in and left it 30 minutes.
When I started the engine again it was instant and I only need half throttle, not full as before....

Now I am bound to wear out my starter motor as I keep starting the engine to enjoy it ! Done it 15 times in the last 3 hours..Yes I have a charger..

It is so easy and instant and the engine purrs instead of coughing and rattling...sorry can't edit title..

Last edited by allserene; 11-03-2019 at 03:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-03-2019, 04:07 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 151
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 544
Riding mowers are like any machine …. I use Stabil, along with a reduced amount of Seafoam to every 5 gal can I fill for all my equipment, summer and winter … Never had a carburetor issue. You might want to consider doing something similar to avoid future issues.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes adegrno liked this post
post #3 of 4 Old 11-03-2019, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Thank you ...Had the air intake cleaner not worked, my next move was going to be seafoam... I read about that earlier.. They sell it at Wally so I will get some on Monday and use the specified volume...

The spray job was a spectacular success so I am into wrench free mechanics now

Thanks for reminding me !
post #4 of 4 Old 11-03-2019, 07:02 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 17
Likes (Received): 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by allserene View Post
Now I am bound to wear out my starter motor as I keep starting the engine to enjoy it ! Done it 15 times in the last 3 hours..Yes I have a charger..

It is so easy and instant and the engine purrs instead of coughing and rattling...sorry can't edit title..
I always wondered why I get much more joy out of firing up the snow blower than I do the lawn mower, must not just be me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page