Snowblower Forum banner

Used Toro 826OE (38624) or Ariens 8526LE (932105)

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  WVguy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Folks - new member here and have done a lot of reading. In fact I may have analysis paralysis.

Moving to a new home with a much larger driveway - 50X30' pad with a 100-120' driveway, pretty flat, less than 5% grade. My wife just wants to pay someone to clear it. But I like my power toys and want to try a snow blower for the first time. We agreed to look at used models as a compromise for the experiment. I have found two local candidates that will do the job easily - well built older models. My concern is about getting parts if/when needed. I have begun to hear rumblings about parts for older Tecumseh engines being harder to get. So, I want to turn to the forum for advice from the learned community. The choices are:

Ariens 8526LE (Model 932105, SN 017232) Estimating from ~2005. Original owner downsizing homes.

Toro 826 OE (Model 38624, SN UNK) Estimating from ~2009.

Both are priced at $500. Any thoughts or opinions are welcome.

BTW - We live in Central MD so we can get dumped on occasionally but average only 20" a year - mostly wet and heavy. We both have an inkling that this winter could be bad one for snow. I want to be prepared.

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond!

See less See more
#2 ·
Of the two I would pick the Toro. I don't like the Ariens 932 design and there have been complaints on this forum that it is hard to service. I do like the Ariens 924s a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.