Predator 420 headlight wiring - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 11-30-2019, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 64
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 17
Predator 420 headlight wiring

Hey guys, how do i hookup a light on my Predator 420cc? I canít seem to find any info on this. I have a hella 70 light i want to use, if possible.

HELLA 996176491 Module 70 Series 12V/55W Close Range Halogen Work Lamp






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Ariens Platinum SHO 24" AX369 | 1995 Troy-Bilt 8/24 w/ Predator 420cc
PB617 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 11-30-2019, 08:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 638
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 52
Likes (Given): 44
Likes (Received): 71
Predator 420 headlight wiring

I donít believe you can, might need a small power equipment battery a couple LED lights and a switch.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
e.fisher26 is online now  
post #3 of 8 Old 11-30-2019, 08:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Menomonie,Wi
Posts: 96
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 16
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 41
Garage
The Predator doesn't have the stator needed to generate power for a headlight. That's why you can't find any information on it.
TooTall999 is offline  
post #4 of 8 Old 11-30-2019, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 64
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooTall999 View Post
The Predator doesn't have the stator needed to generate power for a headlight. That's why you can't find any information on it.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Ariens Platinum SHO 24" AX369 | 1995 Troy-Bilt 8/24 w/ Predator 420cc
PB617 is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 12-01-2019, 08:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 169
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB617 View Post
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Predator 420 used to have 12v output, pretty sure it still does when it has 12v starting.


Google around and it should take you back to this forum where someone mentions 12vdc out at the starter solenoid stud?


https://www.snowblowerforum.com/foru...ternators.html
bigredmf is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 12-01-2019, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 64
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredmf View Post
The Predator 420 used to have 12v output, pretty sure it still does when it has 12v starting.


Google around and it should take you back to this forum where someone mentions 12vdc out at the starter solenoid stud?


https://www.snowblowerforum.com/foru...ternators.html


I actually saw that thread when i was digging around. Mine does have a 12v starter solenoid. I tried hooking up the light but i didnít get it to work. I have to check again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Ariens Platinum SHO 24" AX369 | 1995 Troy-Bilt 8/24 w/ Predator 420cc
PB617 is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 12-02-2019, 07:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Southbury CT
Posts: 205
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 25
Garage
I put a 420 HF unit on my 32" Craftsman Driftbreaker. I put a small PWC battery on it and am able to have any 12v lights and electric start. I put on LED Lights. You can also adjust the high speed up a couple of hundred RPM's with adjustment. The engine is quite and has a ton of power.



Read through my post. I also put on a electric chute rotator and heated grips.

https://www.snowblowerforum.com/foru...eneration.html
sock-feet is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 12-03-2019, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 64
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 17
Predator 420 headlight wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by sock-feet View Post
I put a 420 HF unit on my 32" Craftsman Driftbreaker. I put a small PWC battery on it and am able to have any 12v lights and electric start. I put on LED Lights. You can also adjust the high speed up a couple of hundred RPM's with adjustment. The engine is quite and has a ton of power.







Read through my post. I also put on a electric chute rotator and heated grips.



https://www.snowblowerforum.com/foru...eneration.html

Originally i was planning on getting a battery. I figured i would keep it simple but key start would be nice! I might just do that. I got to briefly try out the 420 yesterday. Its a beast for sure, especially on a 24Ē bucket. I have a build thread also-

Troy-Bilt 8/24 re-power https://www.snowblowerforum.com/foru...d.php?t=148793



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Ariens Platinum SHO 24" AX369 | 1995 Troy-Bilt 8/24 w/ Predator 420cc
PB617 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome