LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 12-05-2019, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 5
What makes us tick?

I consider myself a snowblower enthusiast. This is obviously the site to come to for like-minded persons. For me, I love the snow! Certainly, I can do without the frigid cold, But the snow, i’ll take it. I Love the thought of a good snow blower machine. Many would suggest I’m crazy. Certainly there are many that don’t appreciate the snow as I do. I understand that driving a vehicle in the snow is not always the ideal. But I grew up with the “big snow” as an ideal. You can hear the complaints from many. The grumbles and wines for summer to get here as soon as possible. I have nothing against the summer, but for me, the winter is an essential balancer. I would not give it up for a warm climate in a million years. There is something healing about those quiet days with light snow and cold winter nights. The memories of building those snowman as a child and slinging snowballs at your friends. The Spirit and excitement of the holidays and family times. Sitting in front of a warm fire drinking Cocoa or other things. Of course I am a dedicated snowmobiler as well, but a good snowblower falls into these times perfectly. Secretly, I look forward to the times of running a good blower Machine out and moving that snow. I look forward to helping my neighbors.
Perhaps there are many that could care less. For them, worrying about snow removal and good equipment is nothing more than an inconvenience. Something that they’d rather not invest a lot of money on. I do not subscribe to this philosophy. Instead, I follow more of the Tim Allen approach to lawn equipment.
So, am I crazy? Has the cheese slipped off my cracker? The question remains, but winter means something different to me than some others...
😀
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 4 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Hanky, Brainsan, Seaweed, 88-tek liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 12-05-2019, 01:22 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 129
Likes (Received): 450
@Hawk,

I could not have said it better we must have fell from the same tree ..
post #3 of 23 Old 12-05-2019, 01:36 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 109
Thanks (Received): 78
Likes (Given): 349
Likes (Received): 154
I love winter and snow. Having work for the school District for 32 years cutting grass etc and snow plowing . Always felt good when after a snow you could look back and see the results of your 4:00 am starts. Cutting grass and other jobs it was hard to see what you have done but snow everyone thanked you for the plow job all the schools were happy to give you cookies next time they seen you.

2014,TORO 1128 OXE Power Max HD
post #4 of 23 Old 12-05-2019, 02:03 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 727
Thanks (Received): 216
Likes (Given): 1383
Likes (Received): 1383
Garage
it's called OCD

where's my Corona?

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
post #5 of 23 Old 12-05-2019, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
OCD! Ha ha ha!
post #6 of 23 Old 12-05-2019, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I have some relatives that live on the west coast. One of them has a habit of bragging when she hears of a major winter storm bearing down on us when she has 80 degrees where she is. With a wink and a grin on my face I congratulate her, all the while knowing that I wouldn’t trade places with her for all the money in the world. She would never understand. A famous author once said, “You can’t go home again.” Winter snow brings me home every time. It is in my blood.
As far as OCD? Let’s pause for a moment while a put a nice coat of wax on my Toro 1432. Vroom vroom!
post #7 of 23 Old 12-05-2019, 02:31 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 7
I've not yet reached that Zen state, but maybe when my new toy shows up.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes KennyW in CT liked this post
post #8 of 23 Old 12-05-2019, 05:33 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 13
Likes (Received): 4
The OP hit the nail on the head! Snow brings me back to my childhood in CT. Very little gets me as excited as a local forecast which includes a significant snow accumulation. I just don't see those as much in MD.
post #9 of 23 Old 12-05-2019, 06:12 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 79
Thanks (Received): 56
Likes (Given): 321
Likes (Received): 164
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
I consider myself a snowblower enthusiast. This is obviously the site to come to for like-minded persons. For me, I love the snow! Certainly, I can do without the frigid cold, But the snow, i’ll take it. I Love the thought of a good snow blower machine. Many would suggest I’m crazy. Certainly there are many that don’t appreciate the snow as I do. I understand that driving a vehicle in the snow is not always the ideal. But I grew up with the “big snow” as an ideal. You can hear the complaints from many. The grumbles and wines for summer to get here as soon as possible. I have nothing against the summer, but for me, the winter is an essential balancer. I would not give it up for a warm climate in a million years. There is something healing about those quiet days with light snow and cold winter nights. The memories of building those snowman as a child and slinging snowballs at your friends. The Spirit and excitement of the holidays and family times. Sitting in front of a warm fire drinking Cocoa or other things. Of course I am a dedicated snowmobiler as well, but a good snowblower falls into these times perfectly. Secretly, I look forward to the times of running a good blower Machine out and moving that snow. I look forward to helping my neighbors.
Perhaps there are many that could care less. For them, worrying about snow removal and good equipment is nothing more than an inconvenience. Something that they’d rather not invest a lot of money on. I do not subscribe to this philosophy. Instead, I follow more of the Tim Allen approach to lawn equipment.
So, am I crazy? Has the cheese slipped off my cracker? The question remains, but winter means something different to me than some others...
😀
Good stuff! I look forward to moving that white stuff with the snowblower too. "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

Honda HSS928AWD (upgraded chute, transmission)
Honda HS720AS (at sister's)
Honda EU2000i (generator)

Last edited by Miles; 12-05-2019 at 06:15 PM.
post #10 of 23 Old 12-05-2019, 06:36 PM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 109
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 723
I don't look forward to it but I'm well equipped to take care of it. I sometimes even sweep whatever is left. I especially like to keep my painted civic numbers clean and visible on the assphalt.

Can even see them on google map. lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page