post #1 of 82 Old 01-26-2020, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 3
Garage
Best Currently Available Gas Can

With new safety features these days gas cans are a pain, especially when you are wearing gloves.

What are you using and love?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 82 Old 01-26-2020, 11:24 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 86
Likes (Given): 241
Likes (Received): 202
I buy the No Spill brand ones. Only 1 button to push for the gas to come out. Available online as well as the nearby brick and mortar stores for about the same price.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes detdrbuzzard liked this post
post #3 of 82 Old 01-26-2020, 11:36 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 96
Likes (Received): 83
Those new cans are a big PITA! I purchased one to use with my weed wacker, I had to run a drill bit through the cap to get a decent fuel flow. But there is help as I later learned. Check out Ebay! Guys have made a business selling replacement nozzles along with adaptable vents that can be added to the container.

Another example of Doo Good-ers making life tough for everybody. The company that promoted this environmental crap caused another company that made decent, safe gas containers out of business putting their workers out of work.

Another example of Doo Good-ers in Massachusetts and maybe other states has to do with self service gas stations. BAck when they became dominant here, the State’s legislators passed laws prohibiting devices that allowed one to pump fuel without having to hand hold the fuel hose‘s nozzle. Their excuse was “someone might turn on the pump and allow fuel to flow onto the ground.’’

Just within the last year or so they got smart. Changed the law commanding gas stations to restore the handle latch so patrons need NOT hold the fuel hose when pumping fuel.
post #4 of 82 Old 01-26-2020, 02:02 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 15
Likes (Given): 32
Likes (Received): 42
Best Currently Available Gas Can

As mentioned, the very best is the “no spill” brand.

http://www.nospill.com

Ironically, corporate office and manufacturing facility is 10 minutes from my house.
post #5 of 82 Old 01-26-2020, 02:09 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 19
No spill is very good, if you want something cool with racing vibe to it look at VP racing 5 gallon cans, they are allowed to have a vent and you can get a long spout that makes it easier to fill smaller cans with it. I am lucky to have 3 old gas cans with vents that I will never part with.
Now, dear EPA, just tell me what problem has been solved by your infernal leaking, breaking spout piece of junk cans!
Whatever you do, DON'T buy the Septre cans from Canada, I bought a bunch of them before Hurricane Sandy and the spouts are just terrible. Break, leak, etc.

1998 Toro 3000 GTS with Suzuki 47p 2 cycle
post #6 of 82 Old 01-26-2020, 02:43 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 22
I hate the new designs as well. You can buy no fuss spouts and conversions at Menards, Tractor Supply, and Rural King. I will not use the new design without the conversion.

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 3 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Grunt, rod330, foggysail liked this post
post #7 of 82 Old 01-26-2020, 03:38 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 14
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 9
+1 for “No Spill” brand.
post #8 of 82 Old 01-26-2020, 04:11 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 19
Thanks (Received): 99
Likes (Given): 751
Likes (Received): 268
my best cans are military surplus 5 gallon jerry cans made for jeeps, won't give them up till they rust apart.

whose brain fart is the new cans and spouts ?? how about we look at the number one state of crazy law makers , California!! the others are simply copy cats
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks foggysail thanked for this post
Likes foggysail liked this post
post #9 of 82 Old 01-26-2020, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 3
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87powershiftx2 View Post
my best cans are military surplus 5 gallon jerry cans made for jeeps, won't give them up till they rust apart.

whose brain fart is the new cans and spouts ?? how about we look at the number one state of crazy law makers , California!! the others are simply copy cats
Yeah, apparantly my bottle of water causes cancer in California. So, I'll be sure to not go there.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes 87powershiftx2, rod330 liked this post
post #10 of 82 Old 01-26-2020, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 591
Thanks (Received): 773
Likes (Given): 4374
Likes (Received): 1743
Garage
Maybe it's me and my old hands but trying to use one of the new style and keep the end pushed in so it flows is difficult plus I thought the other thing it was supposed to do was keep from overflowing. I overflow more with the new style than I ever did with the old ones, especially on the big 5-6 gallon cans. Can't rest them on the tanks fill lip as the weight inevitably makes it slip and fall into the opening.

I end up removing that spout entirely and using a battery operated fuel transfer pump. They are under $15. Easier to use on the riding mowers but able to balance on a snowblower engine when they're cool to top off the tank.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:

Last edited by Kiss4aFrog; 01-27-2020 at 10:48 AM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 3 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes 87powershiftx2, kbz1960, detdrbuzzard liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page