LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 02-28-2020, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 73
Thanks (Received): 90
Likes (Given): 76
Likes (Received): 184
snow etc.

Since most of us have not developed our usual case of "S.S.S." (Seasonal Snow Sickness) we have not had to deal with the END OF DRIVEWAY MONSTER and the moat monsters are hungry and getting cranky, I wanted to at least try to cheer everyone up today.

The three railway snow clearers in the lower pictures are Beilhack HB1000 units that work on the Brenner Pass and they can clear up to 12,000+ tons per hour of packed snow within a standard gauge railway width of four feet six inches and 12 plus feet tall. I have more pictures on my dead lap top and I believe I loaded a bunch of them on the forum here.

The radio control track drive snow blower in the other picture is a roboflail power unit with a hydraulic drive 2 stage snow blower. The chute and spout have the accordian /scissor type of adjustment than raises and lowers the arc of the entire chute to pinpoint drop the snow as it is blown out of the impeller housing.

The single stage snow blower attachment for these power units are a real beast with its 2 inch hydraulic gear motor and roller chain drive for the snow blower rotor. It has a solid chute and hydraulically adjustable spout.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	funny-dog-pictures-skratch-fever.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	164407   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7871.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	543.1 KB
ID:	164409  
Attached Images

Last edited by leonz; 02-28-2020 at 04:18 PM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 3 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes 87powershiftx2, stealthninja, Miles liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-28-2020, 09:20 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 8
Likes (Received): 4
Hello leonz, great post. I especially like the posted images. My wife and I are transplants from Rome, NY. We both still have many relatives living there. Many of them worked at Griffiss AFB before it was closed. It was a SAC base. During the cold war it was imperative that the runway remained open even during the blizzard of 1966. The government had some impressive snow removal equipment including giant snowblowers on dump trucks, snowplows and locomotive driven plows. I even remember giant driven snowblowers. The military actually came into the city of Rome to help clear snow in order to get the streets opened. Also, I found this and am trying to see if I can hide this from the wife behind my 8 x 10 shed in the backyard!

https://nh.craigslist.org/hvo/d/aubu...057646341.html
post #3 of 5 Old 02-28-2020, 12:46 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 25
Likes (Given): 112
Likes (Received): 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthninja View Post
Hello leonz, great post. I especially like the posted images. My wife and I are transplants from Rome, NY. We both still have many relatives living there. Many of them worked at Griffiss AFB before it was closed. It was a SAC base. During the cold war it was imperative that the runway remained open even during the blizzard of 1966. The government had some impressive snow removal equipment including giant snowblowers on dump trucks, snowplows and locomotive driven plows. I even remember giant driven snowblowers. The military actually came into the city of Rome to help clear snow in order to get the streets opened. Also, I found this and am trying to see if I can hide this from the wife behind my 8 x 10 shed in the backyard!

https://nh.craigslist.org/hvo/d/aubu...057646341.html

You don't want that one. Trust me.

Besides the fact that one ribbon is off.

That is an airfield blower, you want one with a top chute so you can direct the snow right where you want it. That thing will only chuck it perpendicular unless it has rear steer then you can angle the machine to place the snow. Though that vintage probably has some nice detroit diesel engines, truck one is something like 300 hp or so and blower engine is either 350 or 750 hp

That blower had the smaller engine as it had rear steer but it will clear your driveway in seconds!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1010229.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	164411   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010233.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	164413  
post #4 of 5 Old 02-28-2020, 01:26 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 508
Thanks (Received): 380
Likes (Given): 291
Likes (Received): 1383
Exclamation

Waiting on all of that white Crap to Melt and Take It's Leave of me in Peace. Because I am BLOODY FREAKING Tired of It. If we should get any more Than I will Be Taking a Ride on The CRAZY TRAIN!!!!!!!!!! And take up Residence Here full Time.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PARADISE4.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	164419  

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 5 Old 02-28-2020, 02:49 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 8
Likes (Received): 4
Hey notabiker, thanks for the information. I like the machine in your pics! Yes I definitely want to be able to direct the blown snow. My neighbors will not be happy with me. I guess I will have to hit their driveways after finishing mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page