LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-16-2014, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Those that use the impeller mod

Ok anyone that uses the impeller mod after your done and put the blower away have you ever had an issue with the impeller freezing up because of the tight tolerance? If so haow do you free it up? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-16-2014, 03:29 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 196
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 250
Just run your impeller to dry it before you put it away. If the worst happens you can put it in a heated garage. If that doesn't work you can use a space heater or heat gun in front of it. We recently had a member accidentally discover his clothes dryer vent worked great. You could also pour boiling water on it, however be sure to get the water off before it freezes again and makes it worse.

Please direct all snow blower questions to the forums and not to me with PMs.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-16-2014, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 510
Thanks (Received): 681
Likes (Given): 3844
Likes (Received): 1478
Garage
If you are actually talking about it freezing then you might want to park it with the back wheels on a 2X4 or something so the bucket is tilted down and any water drains out. That is a good idea no matter what. Also to have it on a plastic entrance mat, plastic carpet or something to keep it off the concrete and out of any salt water from a cars melting wheel wells. The impeller housing usually has a small hole in it for drainage but I like to leave it so it drains better.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kiss4aFrog; 03-16-2014 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Didn't think of it actually freezing from melt
post #4 of 5 Old 03-17-2014, 04:05 AM
cmb

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidder View Post
Ok anyone that uses the impeller mod after your done and put the blower away have you ever had an issue with the impeller freezing up because of the tight tolerance? If so haow do you free it up? Thanks
I've only used mine one time after doing the "mod" but I always spray it down pretty well with Fluid-Film after running it to clear the impellers.I can attest to the difference between "pre mod performance" too,this last 4" snow we had, shot out of the chute in a much more "solid" stream and went a lot further.Chute stayed cleaner than ever before too.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-18-2014, 12:14 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 46
Thanks (Received): 67
Likes (Given): 57
Likes (Received): 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidder View Post
I never had a problem with mine freezing up but I have a heated Garage. I do brush my snowblowers off with a broom before I put them away however and running the auger to make sure all the snow is out of the bucket is a good idea like Shryp said
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page