post #1 of 7 Old 03-28-2014, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 21
New Honda 724WAS and DRAINZIT

Hi All,

Well I am pulling the trigger and ordered a new Honda 724 with wheels for the upcoming winter. I am tired of constantly working on the old Ariens.

I saw this thing called DRAINZIT for changing oil which looks really neat and will make changing oil easier and cleaner (I think anyway).

Anyone have any experience with this product?

Here is to spring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-28-2014, 10:26 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 348
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1142
ALOHA to the forms. I have them on both of my Toro's and they are one of the slickest things made.:co ol:

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 7 Old 03-28-2014, 10:38 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 8
Likes (Received): 5
Never heard about it or tried it. My snow blower is very easy to change the oil. I just run it for a few minutes to warm up the oil, and make sure there are papers and rags on the floor in case I spill some by accident. Very easy to tip it a little to make sure as much as possible is drained out. Oil change takes ten minutes or so to do. I don't need any more gadgets unless they save me lots of time.
Same with my mowers, except the mowers only take about five minutes and have to be tipped a lot more to get out all of the oil. The HONDA mowers have to be tipped. Not sure about their snow throwers. Let us know next year how it works!!
post #4 of 7 Old 03-28-2014, 04:59 PM
cmb

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 3
I have the Drainzit on my 724. Easy oilchange with no mess.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0224140426a (4).jpg
Views:	76
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	14794  
post #5 of 7 Old 03-28-2014, 10:06 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Likes (Given): 8
Likes (Received): 5
Now that I see the location of the drain plug I think I would get the Drainzit. Looks like it might be easy to spill without it, and the drainzit fits pretty nicely on it in the picture that CMB attached.
post #6 of 7 Old 03-29-2014, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 21
All, thanks for your input; and CMB thank you for taking the time to post a picture of you mounted it. Do you have a separate zip tie or is that the tie that comes with Drainzit?

That looks so much easier than the way I used to do it with the threaded nut and cap. Inevitably I had a mess and used half a roll of paper towel and kitty liter on my garage floor to clean it up.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-29-2014, 01:14 PM
cmb

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarcraftman View Post
All, thanks for your input; and CMB thank you for taking the time to post a picture of you mounted it. Do you have a separate zip tie or is that the tie that comes with Drainzit?

That looks so much easier than the way I used to do it with the threaded nut and cap. Inevitably I had a mess and used half a roll of paper towel and kitty liter on my garage floor to clean it up.
The Drainzit comes with a flat "hanger" of sorts. I scrounged up an extra fog-light hanger I had laying around and mounted it up out of the way where you see it in the pics.Used one of the exsisting bolts on the handle.The Draizit looks like a well-made item,I'm happy with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page