LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 11
Likes (Received): 1
Honda HS 1132 Used Value

What would you guys value this Honda at? Looks to be in good condition... but I have not seen it in person since its a few hour drive. Always wanted a Honda... but at over $2000 or more for a new one i just could not bring my self to do it. They are asking $1200 for this one. I do not have the serial number and do not know what year it is...

Is this a good buy or not? If not what would be a fair price?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	honda 1132.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	16986   Click image for larger version

Name:	honda 1132 text.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	16994  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 07:57 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 44
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 50
Twelve hundred seems pretty optimistic for this time of year. I'd say more like $800-$850, is what I would price it at. It looks a few years old.

Ariens ST11528LE
Honda HS720
post #3 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 11
Likes (Received): 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor City View Post
Twelve hundred seems pretty optimistic for this time of year. I'd say more like $800-$850, is what I would price it at. It looks a few years old.
thanks for the feed back, he said its at least 3 years old but i think its more then that but maybe not much.

before you email i was thinking of offering $900 and seeing where that got me but maybe 800 is a better starting point.

Thanks again,

Anyone else have any feed back?
post #4 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 09:11 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 44
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 50
If you get the serial number, you can call honda and they will tell you the year of the machine.

Ariens ST11528LE
Honda HS720
post #5 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 11:19 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 46
Thanks (Received): 67
Likes (Given): 57
Likes (Received): 106
Also since it is a tracked machine it will be a bit more difficult to move around especially when the engine is off. I like wheels and tracks are only better than wheels if you have a steep driveway or excessivly deep snow that averages more than 2 feet or so deep to blow. Also tracks cost much more than wheels to replace when they wear out or dryrot and crack from non use. If you driveway is relatively flat and paved then a tracked snowblower will offer no benifits over the same wheeled model.
post #6 of 92 Old 07-09-2014, 09:35 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 23
Thanks (Received): 281
Likes (Given): 40
Likes (Received): 271
Honda snowblowers don't have model years. They do have "version number" called K-codes. A K-code can be produced for many years, with no changes.

The HS1132 was built for many years with no changes. It was discontinued just a couple of years ago and replaced with the HS1332.

Anyway, if you can get the serial number, I can look it up and tell you the ballpark age of the machine, the original selling dealer location, (possible) first date of retails sale.

Most important, there was a Product Safety Recall on a limited number of these models for a leaking fuel joint back issued by Honda in December 2010. Only a certain serial number range were affected. If this unit is in the affected range and has not already been repaired, Honda will repair it free of charge.

The serial number will be in the form of SZBF-1234567 and located on the rear frame between the tracks:

- - -
[email protected]
Social Media Consigliere (retired)
Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding is my opinion alone.

post #7 of 92 Old 07-09-2014, 11:51 AM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 92
Likes (Given): 446
Likes (Received): 148
the 1332 is the same chassis with a different engine, right?
post #8 of 92 Old 07-10-2014, 05:34 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 293
Likes (Given): 1646
Likes (Received): 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Honda snowblowers don't have model years. They do have "version number" called K-codes. A K-code can be produced for many years, with no changes.

The HS1132 was built for many years with no changes. It was discontinued just a couple of years ago and replaced with the HS1332.

Anyway, if you can get the serial number, I can look it up and tell you the ballpark age of the machine, the original selling dealer location, (possible) first date of retails sale.

Most important, there was a Product Safety Recall on a limited number of these models for a leaking fuel joint back issued by Honda in December 2010. Only a certain serial number range were affected. If this unit is in the affected range and has not already been repaired, Honda will repair it free of charge.

The serial number will be in the form of SZBF-1234567 and located on the rear frame between the tracks:

is the " k " code on honda snowblowers used the same as the " k " code on their motorcycles

current machines
1-toro2450E-38419. 1-toro3000E-38435. 1-toro 3650E-38445
2-toro 521E-38052. 1-toro xl824pt 38086
1-.............,TORO XL 624ps..............
1-............, TORO XL 824ps..............
william
post #9 of 92 Old 07-10-2014, 09:56 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by detdrbuzzard View Post
is the " k " code on honda snowblowers used the same as the " k " code on their motorcycles
Yes, in most cases.

With motorcycles, they also have model years, as that they are licensed, registered, taxed, etc. Power equipment products are usually not, so most snowblower manufacturers don't use model years.

The Honda K-code is like a version number. When a new model is introduced, is usually is assigned a K0 code. As running changes and improvements are made, the K-code bumps up, K1, K2, K3, etc.

Some Honda model stay at K0 for many years, while other models may change K-codes as often as twice a year.

Honda typically doesn't include the K-code in the model name in ad materials, websites, etc. to avoid confusion by customers, as it is unusual to have both a K0 and K1 version of a model in the distribution pipeline at the same time. Most dealers would be sure to sell off (usually discount) the K0 units before putting the K1 units out for sale.

- - -
[email protected]

post #10 of 92 Old 07-10-2014, 10:01 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43128 View Post
the 1332 is the same chassis with a different engine, right?
For the most part, yes. There were a few other minor changes...the HS1132 had a single lever for throttle/choke while the HS1332 has separate levers. I think the HS1332 has an improved shear pin alignment design, improved muffler shield, improved engine emissions, and a few other minor changes. The basic frame, transmission, auger and other key parts are the same.

The engine for the HS1132 was made in Japan along with the rest of the snowblower, while the engine for the HS1332 is made in Thailand, then shipped to Japan, and then final assembly is completed there.

- - -
[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page