LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 07-30-2014, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 2
movin' on up

so a little back story, i bought a honda hs722 on a whim in a pinch for 1700, guy said it was 3 winters old and he bought it new. so after a month i determined i hated it, it threw snow like nobody's business but it was clunky to move around, left a mess and if i put full pressure on it hooked everything. not to mention the low handlebars that killed my back. had the serial number ran afterwards and turned out to be bought in sudbury ontario in oct 2004, so i did get ripped off a bit.so i sold it and broke even after getting a smoking deal on a brand new craftsman 24".very comfortable, clean and easy to maneuver. has the fancy stuff like power steering,joystick chute and electric start but it cant throw worth a ****. " ideal" snow will go 20ft at best, even with an impeller kit. slush, forget about it. it clogs or just throws it up over the machine and bogs out.so today i placed my order on a new machine, not to mention my driveway has gone from 20x18 to 150x22 with the new house.i have an ariens platinum 30 coming in, not sure exact model but it has the 20 ft lb 414cc engine and what they call a high output impeller. im very excited and cant wait to try it out. im looking for opinion thoughts precautions the usual drill so lemme know if you have one. the craftsman is going forsale as soon and the new beast arrives.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-30-2014, 09:11 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 36
Thanks (Received): 45
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 94
I own a 2014 Deluxe 30 which is a step below yours. I really love my rig, once I got the hang of the auto turn (lots of reviews on that topic, so I will not get into that can of worms here) I installed Armor skids and that helps. I would advise doing that. As far as performance (and yours will have a little large engine I believe) It arcs the snow higher and farther than any of my neighbors Toro's and craftsman's did last season. The light is a joke if you get your head to far over the dash, such as turning around, it will blind ya. Talk with Ariens and have them send you out a sticker intended just for this situation. Course I added LED's and wow, what a difference.

Ya, your spending some money, but well worth it to me in the long run. That machine will move the snow. No doubt about it! Congrats!

2014 Ariens Deluxe 30 #921032 w/Armor skids, LED's, Hand warmers.
2015 Ariens Path Pro SS-21 # 938033
2010 Toro 1800 Power curve (electric, for the deck)
2009 Toro Power Shovel (electric, for deck steps)
post #3 of 11 Old 09-06-2014, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
thanks man...hope its as good as i expect...should be here this month sometime. im hopeing to have my driveway paved but if not anyone have any recommendations?
post #4 of 11 Old 11-26-2014, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
well that fell through, my ariens never arrived..i waited from july until end oct...the **** with that and bought a new husqvarna 30"...the one that looks like a transformer lol...i hope to god it works good...goin from a 208 to 305 cc motor should help
post #5 of 11 Old 11-26-2014, 08:31 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 139
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 326
Husky

Hope your new blower lives up to your expectations. I've rebuilt and sold quite a few machines and I've noticed differences even within the same model machines in how they work, insure whatever you're looking for is possible within the design of whatever blower.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
post #6 of 11 Old 11-27-2014, 01:01 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 36
Thanks (Received): 45
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by critchy88 View Post
well that fell through, my ariens never arrived..i waited from july until end oct...the **** with that
Well if that isn't a kick in the seat of the pants. Sorry to hear the Ariens fell thru. That Huskey is not all bad however. Congrat's just the same.

2014 Ariens Deluxe 30 #921032 w/Armor skids, LED's, Hand warmers.
2015 Ariens Path Pro SS-21 # 938033
2010 Toro 1800 Power curve (electric, for the deck)
2009 Toro Power Shovel (electric, for deck steps)
post #7 of 11 Old 11-28-2014, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Its no ariens but im very pleased ...first run tonight...4 inches of sticky snow and plowed on through in 6th gear no sweat. ..very happy seems to be what im looking for ...plus a heated shed will ensure no swearing on the ice in the morning lol.not to mention no choke and first pull starts are great
post #8 of 11 Old 11-29-2014, 07:50 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 139
Thanks (Received): 269
Likes (Given): 371
Likes (Received): 912
Let's go back the "I ordered an Ariens ..." Comment. What do you mean the deal fell through? Did it never arrive? Any $$ change hands? I'm curious as to where your'Ariens went?

Joe

Sent from my junky old Hisense 7" tablet that I can barely see.
Toro 724
Toro CCR 3650E
Toro 5/21 sold
Ariens 5/22 ss ..Sold
Ariens Sno Tek 7/24 sold.
Old green plastic snow shovel... Sent.to shovel Heaven
Old quarry shovel for ice.
New.green shovel
post #9 of 11 Old 11-29-2014, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
No money put down thankfully. Because it was out of season i had to order one in and they wanted no money until pickup...awesome....after 4 months of it not showing up i had enough and moved on....they kept saying should be here soon but it never did.i wasnt waiting any longer so the deal was off....and this one being 1000 cheaper didnt hurt either
post #10 of 11 Old 11-29-2014, 09:18 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 149
Was the Ariens ordered though a bona fide dealer who got a stocking order for the season?

Sometimes a model can get delayed in production for lack of a component like an engine. There should be a story behind this and a deal to be had on an alternate machine.

I can see you're in Canada, that may have complicated things too.

Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page