post #1 of 27 Old 08-23-2014, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Which blower should I get?

Hello,

I decided to start snow blowing residential properties this winter instead of plowing for another company. I have a few questions before I buy my first snow blower.

I saw an ariens 28 deluxe Model #ST28LE for $800. Are these the one with the real Briggs and Stratton motor or the Chinese clones? Is this good deal or is 800 too much? According to the post it has only been used 3 times. But the model is also discontinued. No headlight, no hand warmers, etc.

Also, from other reviews I have read ariens seem very reliable but I think the reviews are from homeowners doing their own driveway. Anyone use the ariens 28 deluxe for 40-50 houses at a time? Are they reliable for long long hours?

Is the 28 in small enough for 2 people to lift and put in a truck?

There is also the Ariens Professional ST32DLE for $2000. Is the extra power and 4 inches worth the extra cost? I live in Chicago area so we get a lot of snow.

Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 08-23-2014, 05:10 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 507
Thanks (Received): 355
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1240
ALOHA to the forms..: cool::co ol:

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 27 Old 08-23-2014, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks!
post #4 of 27 Old 08-23-2014, 05:54 PM

Post Thanks / Like
post pic's of the 2 blowers. you want the real briggs engine

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 27 Old 08-23-2014, 06:44 PM

Post Thanks / Like
I take it that pro model is new???? me, myself and I would buy the 2000.00 one if it is brand new. two big guys could lift those machines into a truck. or 3 to 4 normal size people to do the lifting.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #6 of 27 Old 08-23-2014, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
post #7 of 27 Old 08-23-2014, 06:51 PM

Post Thanks / Like
personally I would get that 32model . see if they will take 1500 for it.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 27 Old 08-23-2014, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
What are your reasons for the $2000 one? More reliable? Real Briggs and Strat? They both seem to have the same amount of use.
post #9 of 27 Old 08-23-2014, 07:00 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by patlim View Post
What are your reasons for the $2000 one? More reliable? Real Briggs and Strat? They both seem to have the same amount of use.
bigger engine larger frame for those CHICAGO BILIZARDS. I here so much about. looks like it has been taken care of better than the other one.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #10 of 27 Old 08-23-2014, 08:37 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 197
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 251
If you are going to be doing this regularly I would get some ramps or a trailer. Lifting a blower up and down several times a day is going to get old quick. You might also want to invest in a single stage for the smaller snows. I think it will be a good idea to have at least 2 machines anyway if you are planning on having a lot of customers. If you have a second guy with you you can run both and get done twice as fast and if one breaks down on you you won't have a bunch of crabby customers wondering why their snow isn't cleared.

Please direct all snow blower questions to the forums and not to me with PMs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page