LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 11-11-2014, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 9
Hemi Predator 212cc

Has anyone used a Hemi 212cc predator on their machines? Also is there any advantage to the Hemi predator vs the non hemi predator?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 11-11-2014, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 336
Likes (Given): 148
Likes (Received): 764
A Hemi predator?! Amazing..the Chinese are getting more brazen all the time! First they flat out rip off Honda by cloning their engines, now they have no qualms about stealing Chryslers Hemi trademark and applying it to their junky engines..if they can steal the actual engine desi
gn itself, I guess a trademark is small potatoes. (Anyone can build a hemispherical valve chamber..that by itself is not copyrighted or trademarked..but calling the design a "Hemi" is in fact a Chrysler trademark, and its illegal for anyone but Chrysler to use it to describe an engine..in the civilized world anyway..) these engines and their manufacturers disgust me more every day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 Old 11-11-2014, 10:01 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 92
Likes (Given): 446
Likes (Received): 148
post #4 of 14 Old 11-11-2014, 10:02 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 11
It is not advertised as a "Hemi Predator" and the word Hemi is not used in any of there literature. The engine itself was a short run design, I'd be surprised if there are any left in stores because the cart racers bought them all up.
post #5 of 14 Old 11-11-2014, 10:15 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Received): 2
Chrysler may have developed and perfected the "hemi". Just as a fyi Ford...yes the Big blue oval also developed a very similar design head as well. As far as that Predator engine goes, I have not read anything about it that indicates it has a "hemi"esque cylinder head. Correct me if I'm wrong. Chinese don't have legal patenting rights like ours or other countries do. I'm not sticking up for them or trying to justify their reasons for copying designs. However, I do like the fact that when you have a older piece of equipment that my need a engine; you can go out and get 1 for cheap and get it working again.

Ariens Platinum SHO 24" Armored Up!
Toro S-620
post #6 of 14 Old 11-11-2014, 10:18 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 139
Thanks (Received): 269
Likes (Given): 371
Likes (Received): 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscotsman View Post
A Hemi predator?! Amazing..the Chinese are getting more brazen all the time! First they flat out rip off Honda by cloning their engines, now they have no qualms about stealing Chryslers Hemi trademark and applying it to their junky engines..if they can steal the actual engine desi
gn itself, I guess a trademark is small potatoes. (Anyone can build a hemispherical valve chamber..that by itself is not copyrighted or trademarked..but calling the design a "Hemi" is in fact a Chrysler trademark, and its illegal for anyone but Chrysler to use it to describe an engine..in the civilized world anyway..) these engines and their manufacturers disgust me more every day.
Nailed it, Scot

Joe

Sent from my junky old Hisense 7" tablet that I can barely see.
Toro 724
Toro CCR 3650E
Toro 5/21 sold
Ariens 5/22 ss ..Sold
Ariens Sno Tek 7/24 sold.
Old green plastic snow shovel... Sent.to shovel Heaven
Old quarry shovel for ice.
New.green shovel
post #7 of 14 Old 11-11-2014, 10:28 PM

Post Thanks / Like
It's funny, not only are they not a Hemi, but they are also not a "clone" of a Honda. Correct me if I'm wrong but clone inherently indicates it would be a direct copy of a Honda. I have yet to find the 212cc Honda that was copied😉
post #8 of 14 Old 11-11-2014, 10:28 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Received): 2
There is nothing in the literature on that Predator engine that says it has a hemispherical shaped head. Its a OHV head design nothing more. As far as I'm concerned until someone proves me wrong, this is a dead conversation.

Ariens Platinum SHO 24" Armored Up!
Toro S-620

Last edited by dwblue00; 11-11-2014 at 10:30 PM.
post #9 of 14 Old 11-11-2014, 10:37 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwblue00 View Post
There is nothing in the literature on that Predator engine that says it has a hemispherical shaped head. Its a OHV head design nothing more. As far as I'm concerned until someone proves me wrong, this is a dead conversation.

Google Hemi head predator and read the literature on the web, as stated before you will not find it in the manufacture's literature, but many have opened up #60363 and it indeed has a hemispherical shaped head.

Last edited by HJames; 11-11-2014 at 10:43 PM.
post #10 of 14 Old 11-11-2014, 10:39 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 132
Likes (Given): 200
Likes (Received): 283
from an older thread here
Quote:
Originally Posted by db130 View Post
I have no direct experience w/ that Briggs engine but I can give you some feedback on the three variants of the Predators:

1) 69727 - it's for the California market(unless you live in Californina, you don't want this one)
2) 69730 - this is the one that's available at your local stores as well as online, available everywhere except for CA
3) 60363 - currently listed as "in-store only" - this is the "Hemi head" Predator with larger valves and better breathing that supposedly produces more HP than the non-Hemi head Predator, not for sale in CA either. This is the one I have on #4 in my signature. The Harbor Freight staff I spoke with mentioned that this may have been a limited-time offering and they may not be getting any more in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page