LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-17-2014, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Headlight + Snow Cab = Blind

Many of you may already have experienced this, but this was new for me. I just tried out my first snow blower that has a headlight in the dash (Ariens 921038) and a snow cab mounted around me and the dash. Not only does the light shine directly up and into your eyes, the light reflects off the clear plastic and shines back in your eyes. It gets worse when snow begins to accumulate on the windows and reflects more light. I couldn't see out at all! I finally disconnected the light and it was much better.

Even though it was night time, I have lights on my garage and a street light at the end of my driveway, so I have never needed a light on my snow blower. I thought it would be cool, though, and I thought it would be safer. Its not safe if you can't see out of the cab. Anybody have any remedies for this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-17-2014, 11:27 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 149
I think you will find threads where a band of duct tape along the top of the light is the fix.

Pete
post #3 of 4 Old 11-17-2014, 11:38 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 20
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
I think you will find threads where a band of duct tape along the top of the light is the fix.

Pete
That wouldn't fix the reflection off of the snow cab clear plastic.

Snowblowers I own.
Honda HS928
Honda HS621
post #4 of 4 Old 11-17-2014, 11:48 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 20
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebenfitti View Post
Many of you may already have experienced this, but this was new for me. I just tried out my first snow blower that has a headlight in the dash (Ariens 921038) and a snow cab mounted around me and the dash. Not only does the light shine directly up and into your eyes, the light reflects off the clear plastic and shines back in your eyes. It gets worse when snow begins to accumulate on the windows and reflects more light. I couldn't see out at all! I finally disconnected the light and it was much better.

Even though it was night time, I have lights on my garage and a street light at the end of my driveway, so I have never needed a light on my snow blower. I thought it would be cool, though, and I thought it would be safer. Its not safe if you can't see out of the cab. Anybody have any remedies for this?
I had a snowcab on a powershift 10/28. I added LED floodlights in front of the snowcab. I never did like the snow cab, it was handy about 10% of the time and inhibited my vision / was a distraction about 90% of the time.

Snowblowers I own.
Honda HS928
Honda HS621
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page