LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 100 Old 11-29-2014, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
yamaha vs honda

so whats everyones opinion on the Yamaha Motor Canada :: Products :: Snowblowers :: Snowblowers :: YT624EJ

vs

a honda of similar price, which would be the 928 track

i found one guy willing to ship me that yamaha from canada, but that could end up being a bit of a pain, could take a while to get, ontop of that it may come damaged and then i have no idea what happens then.

From what i can tell the yamaha 'may' come with a battery on board, the hydro assist, and it almost looks like the augers on that thing are really beefy thick. but it does have a much smaller motor on it 170cc vs 270 on the honda.

i really like the next model up in the yamaha, that thing looks sweet, but, no way i can pay almost 4k for a blower

one last thing, for anyone who has bought a honda or yamaha, about how much did u manage to get off the MSRP? everyone ive called seems to be trying to be really firm on pricing with the most being $100 off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 100 Old 11-29-2014, 06:07 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 7
I paid $2350 with free delivery + tax for a 928WA so $150 off MSRP. They screwed it up during delivery so ended up with a 928WAS for the same price.

I don't believe there's a large margin of profit in the Hondas.

2014 Honda 928WAS

Erie, PA
-Avg yearly snowfall 100.8" (256cm)
-2013-14 Snowiest major city in the USA with 138.4" (351.5cm)
post #3 of 100 Old 11-29-2014, 06:27 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 48
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 44
Performance and reliability wise they're very similar. To me the Honda makes more sense if for no other reason than parts availability.

Some of the Canadian Honda models also come with an onboard battery and electric chute controls btw along with hydraulic height assist instead of the pedal. They're not available in the US though and they're a fair bit more than a US Honda snowblower.
post #4 of 100 Old 11-29-2014, 10:05 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 5
Billy Bob. I haven't bought either machine, but I have been checking out both brands up here in the Canuck land. There is a guy (coby7.. I think??) on the Yamaha section that has a Yamaha 624EJ. He seems to really like it and his last post mentions something about how it compares to a Honda 928.

As far as Canadian pricing goes....Dealers seem to be holding to MSRP $2599 on the new 624EJ. Many dealers have older 624 models discounted by $500-$600 because they retailed for $2999 - $3499 last year and they are too expensive when compared to the new EJ model. There are some dealers that are selling the Ys1028J model at a $600 discount, but that will probably end when the first storm arrives. You should be able to buy a YS1028J for about $3200 USD and a YT624EJ for about $2200 USD. I'm not sure how the duty or sales tax situation would apply to you.

All of the models have tracks, onboard 12 volt batteries, power chute rotation, manual chute deflection, and hydrostatic transmissions. I believe all models are made in Japan except for the YT624EJ. I noticed a made in China sticker on the ones I have seen. You won't find that info on the company website. There are differences in weight and auger height adjustment etc. All the specs are available at Yamaha Motor Canada .

I have used a Honda 928TCD briefly and I have briefly run a Yamaha YS1028J and a YT624EJ. The only comments I can make is that all of them are harder/different to turn than a wheeled machine. All of them are reasonably quiet at idle, but the Yamahas are much quieter at full throttle. I was shocked at how quiet the 1028 was. Anyways, I hope some of this info was helpful.
post #5 of 100 Old 11-29-2014, 10:48 PM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 123
Likes (Given): 43
Likes (Received): 875
Here in New-Brunswick Yamaha beats Honda on all sides. Reliability, performance, parts availlablity and price.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 100 Old 11-29-2014, 11:01 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 9
Likes (Received): 59
Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
Here in New-Brunswick Yamaha beats Honda on all sides. Reliability, performance, parts availlablity and price.
This is like Ford verses Chevy huh coby?

I love the color, if they had them down here I would just have to get one. But I would want one with wheels.
But if they only had tracks, I would have to get one just for the blue.

Though I would add some custom pin striping to mine.

I hate shoveling SNOW!

Craftsman #536886141(Around 2000?)
5 Horse, Tecumseh HSSK50-67392S
22" Dual Stage
"Classic" 1963 S-226 Snowbird
4 Horse (orig) Briggs & Stratton#6305201
22" Dual Stage
post #7 of 100 Old 11-29-2014, 11:06 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Received): 1
There Is no ford vs Chevy.

Ram all the way
post #8 of 100 Old 11-29-2014, 11:16 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 33
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 54
BillyBob -

Care to share some details in how the CA to USA transaction is being offered.
I've toyed around with considering taking a drive up north if the price was right...
post #9 of 100 Old 11-29-2014, 11:41 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Received): 1
I'm two hours north of Pembina nd.
If I can help, let me know!
post #10 of 100 Old 11-30-2014, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 0
well it sounded like the dealer was going to try to charge me canadian tax, being in the USA i don't think he's even allowed to do that, prolly just trying to get some extra cash out of me. Other than that it was just going to be freighted to me at $100 which sounded a bit too good to be true, i was expecting at least $200 for freight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page