LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 12-02-2014, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 33
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 54
How important is dealer selection

Alrighty. I'm looking to buy new 2 stager and just a brief informal lookup of yelp , google reviews, etc - I've yet to find a *go to dealer* to start the purchasing inquiry.

Price aside - how important is the dealer relationship to you (whether it be for warranty repair, etc). Granted I'm posting this on a SB forum, so I guess I'm posting to OPE heads who will just tinker with your machine in your own garage.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-02-2014, 05:31 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 39
Likes (Given): 53
Likes (Received): 100
Buying a blower from a dealer will get warranty work done faster and 99.9% of the time what ever you buy from a dealer it will get set up correctly. Your not going to get that at home depot or any place on line.

Scott
69 ariens
toro 721r
toro 926 hd oxe
78 powerking 1614/48'' haban snowblower
post #3 of 8 Old 12-02-2014, 07:23 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 172
Thanks (Received): 308
Likes (Given): 450
Likes (Received): 1027
Almost every time I've gone to dealer for repairs ( long time ago before I learned) the very first question they asked was where did yoh buy it? If it wasn't from them it went to the bottom of the list and warranty service was difficult.

Joe
Sent from my wife's old Toshiba
Ariens 921001
Toro 38074- sold
Toro CCR 3650E-sold
Toro 5/21 sold
Ariens 5/22 ss
Ariens Sno Tek 7/24 sold.
Old green plastic snow shovel... Sent.to shovel Heaven
Old quarry shovel for ice.
New.green shovel
post #4 of 8 Old 12-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 587
Thanks (Received): 767
Likes (Given): 4350
Likes (Received): 1734
Garage
What's more important than my dealer relationship is your skill level. With some people having a dealer relationship is critical since anything beyond adding gas is beyond their ability or desire.

How important is having someone handy to repair or maintain your new machine to you ??
If it's really important, buy from a dealer. If not, buy from a box store or on line or wherever you get the best price.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-03-2014, 05:04 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
I just purchased my Platinum 24 SHO from a dealer 50+ miles away since he had it in stock - all others were back ordered from mid to end of December.

Also, I spoke to two (2) separate dealers who were going to call me back with expected availability and never did - so not all are the greatest to deal with. Didn't care even though I was trying to give them my money can't imagine after they already have it.

I have a local service shop that sells B&S, Snapper & Simplicity but shows up on Ariens website as service shop - so I am hopeful that I don't get treated like a 3rd class citizen when I bring my machine in for routine service.
post #6 of 8 Old 12-04-2014, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 33
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 54
I'm skeptical --- as all of the local OPE shops I've looked at for the machines I've considered looking at (Hs724 or 24 SHO) all seem to gave ~negative~ reviews on Yelp, etc. I was interested in Looking at the Husky Hydro but no Husky dealers even have this on the floor --- I guess it's not a hot seller or they have warranty/sales issues, even though they are Husky dealers.

With that said (and the lack of glowing or positive reviews) that I am unable to find on any of the dealers I am considering getting them from - I feel like I might as well just broaden my travel to about 50 miles and whoemever is willing to give the best price, for any of the models I am looking at, I'll just that is the purchasing decision....
post #7 of 8 Old 12-04-2014, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 587
Thanks (Received): 767
Likes (Given): 4350
Likes (Received): 1734
Garage
You should add a location to your profile so it pops under your user name. Maybe someone in your area could give you a reference to a shop that treated them well.

You have to remember that reviews will usually be negative as most people are much more likely to review someone when they have a problem then when they don't. The problem with some reviews is how reasonable was the reviewer ??

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-04-2014, 11:26 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
I agree that most people only jump on social media to write negative reviews and yes most people are completely unreasonable with what they expect.

The challenge is that there is not a dealer in every town like a HD, Lowes or Sears.

Small business owners need to work harder to compete and sometimes they fall short for a whole host of reasons, and because of the convenience, big box stores get the sale.

People are short sighted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page