post #1 of 14 Old 01-11-2015, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
AL-

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 10
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 29
nitrile gloves

I bought a box of black "midknight' by Microflex, disposable nitrile gloves at Advance Auto after seeing one snow blower service center using them and reading on the net that they work well for gas, oil, and grease protection. So I get home and read the label.

"... the user is responsible for determining if these Nitrile gloves are suitable for a particular application, procedure, or chemical or biological exposure. Microflex makes no warranties or representations in this regard. if you have any questions whether these gloves are safe for your intended use please telephone a Microflex sales representative at (800) 876-6866.

Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitations of Remedies
To the maximum extent permitted by law , seller disclaims all express and implied warranties, including without limitation , all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose or use. There are no warranties which extend beyond the description of the face hereof.
These gloves are purchased "as is"

I had for at least expected to read that they could be used for something... like oil, gas and grease, and If I phoned the sales representatives I doubt if he'd send me anything in writing.
My problem is how do I or anybody actually know what they can be used for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 01-11-2015, 08:05 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 13
Likes (Received): 9
I use these... very tough and no lost of dextirity and amazing with grease, gas, oil.

post #3 of 14 Old 01-11-2015, 08:26 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Received): 1
So I guess I am missing what the question is? Are you wondering if they are safe to use with gas/oil? If so, yes.

Ford ST726
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 14 Old 01-11-2015, 08:34 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 11
nitrile gloves

I use them in the parts washer , handling parts taken out of the acid bath.
Also when I am using aircraft paint stripper. They hold up well. Gas and oily stuff won't be a problem with them.
post #5 of 14 Old 01-11-2015, 09:11 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 54
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 65
I use the black ones from Harbor Freight, with good results. Also the big black plumbers gloves there, are great to use when using paint stripper.

Ariens ST11528LE
Honda HS720
post #6 of 14 Old 01-11-2015, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
AL-

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTHEMAX View Post
So I guess I am missing what the question is? Are you wondering if they are safe to use with gas/oil? If so, yes.
When I read the label on the box I assumed the company would name at least one or two products that they would assume some responsibility in writing, that these gloves could these be used for. This would clarify and give me at least some confidence in the actually over-all usage of product.

In other words this company seems to be quite defensive. Maybe they are good for oil and grease, but are the gloves good for any other products, say like Round-up which kills weeds. If there was something written, at least a partial list on the box that would help the average consumer know about what they were buying.
So far, all I've going by is hearsay, which I appreciate a lot , but it's not from the company.

Last edited by AL-; 01-11-2015 at 09:20 PM.
post #7 of 14 Old 01-11-2015, 09:36 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 149
Al-,

Don't get your hopes up, this is standard language especially for a product destined to be used with undesirable materials. There are so many circumstances beyond their control they'd be fools to say otherwise.

I've been using nitrite gloves for years in the shop for painting and grimy work and they are the way to go. Grease and grime won't bother them at all and some gas is tolerated. When cleaning parts with acetone or lacquer thinner they are short lived. I usually wear lighter lighter gloves, heavier ones should stand up better. My parts washer is filled with kerosene and it eats them, for that you want PVC(usually a bright teal color).

Pete
post #8 of 14 Old 01-11-2015, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
AL-

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
Al-,

Don't get your hopes up, this is standard language especially for a product destined to be used with undesirable materials. There are so many circumstances beyond their control they'd be fools to say otherwise.

I've been using nitrite gloves for years in the shop for painting and grimy work and they are the way to go. Grease and grime won't bother them at all and some gas is tolerated. When cleaning parts with acetone or lacquer thinner they are short lived. I usually wear lighter lighter gloves, heavier ones should stand up better. My parts washer is filled with kerosene and it eats them, for that you want PVC(usually a bright teal color).

Pete
Great! Thanks.
post #9 of 14 Old 01-11-2015, 10:06 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 27
Likes (Given): 48
Likes (Received): 74
They probably say that because 1 type of glove won't protect you against every chemical, so they're covering their butt!
If you're handling some nasty chemicals, I'd be checking the MSDS to see what the chemical manufacturer recommend for proper skin protection.

Cub Cadet 2X 524 SWE
Ariens 922008, 922018 - Project
Previous: Ariens 624E, Toro CCR2000
post #10 of 14 Old 01-12-2015, 02:17 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 44
I use them with oily stuff, gas OK, but not brake cleaner they don't hold up to bake parts cleaner. Work super for lithium grease.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page