1988 Simplicity 755 Snow Blower Auger Backwards - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-14-2015, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
1988 Simplicity 755 Snow Blower Auger Backwards

Hello!

I'm newer to the forum. I have a 1988 Simplicity 755 Snow Blower. I posted recently on a different thread to see if my auger was installed backwards. On that thread a few people advised that my auger did appear backwards. Attached is a picture of the auger on my snow blower.

The problem that I'm having is that the snow blower throws some snow from the chute but there is a bunch of snow that is being pushed out the sides. This means that on the driveway there are large mounds on the sides of where I just cleared. From what I have seen on pictures, to me it seems like the auger is backwards. Anyone else's options are greatly appreciated.

If the auger is backwards, what is the step by step process to flip it? Is it easy to do?

Thanks for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Auger 2.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	322.1 KB
ID:	35706  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-14-2015, 11:06 AM
Sid

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 25
Likes (Given): 30
Likes (Received): 43
Yeah both of them are backwards. You have to pull the auger/impeller assembly out to reverse them. I am not familiar with that machine, the pros will come on and help you out.
Sid
post #3 of 3 Old 01-14-2015, 07:42 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 143
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 297
It's not a hard job, but it's going to involve you divorcing the auger bucket and tractor. Don't worry, they will get back together in the end, if you are up to it.

First things first, unplug the spark plug, for safety.

2. remove the belt cover and slide the belts off the drive pulley. You may have to disconnect the cables that run to the engagement pulley.

3. You need to find something to rest the handle on, essentially a kick stand of sorts. I like using pipe/bar clamps that are adjustable and reach to the floor.

4. You should find to bolts on back side of the auger, front side of the tractor. These are the bolts that hold them together. Remove them, but be careful things can get a little unstable here. A second pair of hands can be useful.

5. If you can, remove the auger pulley. Chances are that this has been apart recently, so you may luck out, and it will come off easily.

6. Remove the auger, this should be two bolts that capture the bearing or bushing.

7. At this point, things should slide out. Be mindful of not scratching up the bucket.

From here its a matter of correcting the augers, and reversing the process. I would suggest to lube things prior to putting it all back together.

If you get stuck, just post up a pic of where you are at, and somebody will stop by to help.

Garage:
MTD....2 stage(modern 8.5 HP) not my favorite
Honda HS622 TA-B - acquired at an auction- nice machine for it's size.
Toro S-140- Picked it up on trash day... it runs, sort of.
Yamaha YS 240 TB "Ricky" latest Craigslist find- on the bench now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page