LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-14-2015, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Reason to buy from a Dealer

Hi I purchased an new Toro 826 OE from my local dealer. All was great till I noticed the cable melting that controls the chute. Took a picture to him they looked at it and their floor model noticed the factory installed the cable wrong.

Today the picked up and replaced the cable and returned it! all in one day and no cost to me!

Shout out to my local dealer Commercial Lawnmower in Livonia, MI!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-15-2015, 05:03 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 225
Thanks (Received): 295
Likes (Given): 1882
Likes (Received): 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimb View Post
Hi I purchased an new Toro 826 OE from my local dealer. All was great till I noticed the cable melting that controls the chute. Took a picture to him they looked at it and their floor model noticed the factory installed the cable wrong.

Today the picked up and replaced the cable and returned it! all in one day and no cost to me!

I like commercial lawnmower and with H&R hardware long out of business commercial has become the place I shop

current machines
1-toro2450E-38419. 1-toro3000E-38435. 1-toro 3650E-38445
2-toro 521E-38052. 1-toro xl824pt 38086
1-.............,TORO XL 624ps..............
1-............, TORO XL 824ps..............
william
post #3 of 6 Old 01-15-2015, 05:10 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 71
Thanks (Received): 118
Likes (Given): 571
Likes (Received): 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimb View Post

You've got the anti-icing cable melters, nice option! I've been thinking of
installing those on mine. Sorry could not resist. Nice story and an another
good reason to buy from a dealer.
post #4 of 6 Old 01-15-2015, 07:20 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 27
I would never buy from a dealer
(but only because I would never buy new).

Sorry I can't post new threads, but I would love to see a poll whether members would buy new or used (with room to explain why that preference works for them).

Even though I could afford new, most things used are depreciated so heavily that anyone who has enough technical know-how to eliminate the obvious dogs can save more than enough to offset any risk of "buying someone else's problems". It does take some time to find bargains, but granted, I do enjoy the 'thrill of the hunt'.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-15-2015, 09:35 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 173
Thanks (Received): 308
Likes (Given): 456
Likes (Received): 1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by time2time View Post
I would never buy from a dealer
(but only because I would never buy new).

Sorry I can't post new threads, but I would love to see a poll whether members would buy new or used (with room to explain why that preference works for them).

Even though I could afford new, most things used are depreciated so heavily that anyone who has enough technical know-how to eliminate the obvious dogs can save more than enough to offset any risk of "buying someone else's problems". It does take some time to find bargains, but granted, I do enjoy the 'thrill of the hunt'.
I'm 62. Have owned 2 new vehicles, 1 new snow snowblower, and 1 new push mower. Everything else hes been used and I have really had no regrets. In the past 10 years I have owned probably15 Troy Bilt tillers and 20 Mantis™ tillers. All except one have been fine. I really enjoy resurrecting engines to running condition. My latest project is a Kohler M16 engine that my sister gave me. She wanted a newer, electric start engine for her oil well so
she asked me to take it. Heck, what with having an oil well in your back yard one can afford to give away a used engine.
The almost new Sno-Tek I just picked up had absolutely nothing wrong with it. When I was looking it over the owner said the only problem had had with it was when priming it sometimes gas would drip from the carb. (overprime).

Joe
Sent from my wife's old Toshiba
Ariens 921001
Toro 38074- sold
Toro CCR 3650E-sold
Toro 5/21 sold
Ariens 5/22 ss
Ariens Sno Tek 7/24 sold.
Old green plastic snow shovel... Sent.to shovel Heaven
Old quarry shovel for ice.
New.green shovel
post #6 of 6 Old 01-15-2015, 10:23 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 27
I LOVE buying used!

I am 57 and fairly new to home ownership. I got ambitious and decided to do some patio work, and put about 400 sf of pavers in the yard. Did it all myself in 4 sections of rectangles over a couple of seasons. It was a lot of grunt work (though part of that was on me- I did an average of 5" of QP aggregate as a base).

Doing it over a long term, renting a plate compactor would have required more than a dozen days of rental (sorry, I am slow) at a cost of the better part of $1k. Instead, I bought a Wacker 1550 used for maybe a third of the cost of new. I used it as much as I want, taking my time to do a nice job (learning a lot and developing great respect for guys who do that for a living). I am going to sell the compactor and likely get back what I paid.

Could not have done that if I was a 'buy it new' kinda guy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page