Snowblower Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northeatser--- Gentleman, Starrrrt yurrrr ENGINES !

7K views 35 replies 22 participants last post by  sscotsman 
#1 · (Edited)
if your on the North east coast....Where's the storm, and snowfall ? Anybody snowblowing? Anybody have a good solution
for moving "slush" --should that what we get?

Didn't notice...But the post on sat and Monday storm causes my post to be repetitive....Delete ?

#2 ·
I'm in South Coastal Maine, the sweet spot for 4-8 inches. The range will depend on how much change-over we see to sleet, rain or freezing rain. ETA 9:00 AM Saturday through 8 PM. Just in time to mess with a Saturday night concert. At least it's o the weekend so I can enjoy cleaning it up at my leisure.

Solution for slush? A full sized machine with a good impeller should do it.

Pete

#3 ·
I'm just below you in NH and smack-dab in that "predicted" sweet spot. I listen to four different channels WHDH, WMUR, NECN, and Accuweather and none of them are predicting that we will change over on the north side of Rt. 495, it is supposed to stay heavy wet snow and they are warning outages if we get 6"+. Well, I have a gen but still not wishing for that. Time will tell I guess.

I'll +1 :D you on the full size machine with good impeller. The impeller kit was the best move I made even before I swapped the engine. Cheers to you and the awesome old Gilson. Hope we finally get some snow ! :cool:

#5 ·
not much near the coast in the NY area, will end up with maybe 2", then turn to slop. Wifey going to northern Westchester, they will get a little more maybe 5" or so.

Really hoped for a chance to try the 'new' 6.5 hp Toro 3650 (SS), but that is semi apart, with parts ordered. For the moment I will have to rely on the little Toro Powerlite (3hp) and shovel.

#13 · (Edited)
Just did 6" of heavy wet snow. THe 3x earned its keep!
I have the non-HD 26" 3x, it worked great. I was a little concerned because my gas was a couple months old (no snow). I checked the Seafoam website and they say... "Stabilize Fuels for up to 2 Years". Not sure I'd go more than a full season, but it's nice to know they feel confident for that long.

I've decided I'm going to take an old pair of boots and screw in some 3/8" hex sheet metal screws. I have a feeling that there's some ice coming. I've tried some of those rubber slip-on's with cleats but they fall off.

#19 ·
I have the non-HD 26" 3x, it worked great. I was a little concerned because my gas was a couple months old (no snow). I checked the Seafoam website and they say... "Stabilize Fuels for up to 2 Years". Not sure I'd go more than a full season, but it's nice to know they feel confident for that long..
I bought a siphon to get the old gas out....and by old I mean a month or 2....I try to start it a couple times throughout the year. I have a place that sells non ethanol gas that I have been using....will not hurt the rubber hoses and will last longer then the regular gas with corn! LOL

#14 ·
Ugh! just got done. It turned out to be around 9" of heavy wet snow. EOD was about 24" of wet slop :eek:. Between the gravel, steep drive and ruts I gave the 2410 it's second baptism by fire. It did ok for what it is. Though the thought of a Predator 301 instead of the 179 is tempting :D.

Whimsey

#16 ·
#18 ·
Inaugural run:

I have a small sense of relief that I could run this machine today. I was starting to get worried about the remainder of our snow-less winter :cool:

#22 ·

I have a small sense of relief that I could run this machine today. I was starting to get worried about the remainder of our snow-less winter :cool:
Looks good sitting inside all nice and pretty.

Start it up and get it wet.:p

#29 ·
Mondays possible storm prediction so far is for 6 - 12. I'm going to have to work on little and big red tomorrow to make sure both are ready for the upcoming storms. On big red I have to put the drive belt and pulley back on. Little red just needs a quick fuel up belt check.

#32 ·
We'll 824 with the predator 301 engine ran well today ! :D and I was happy with the repower! it was 4 1/2 inches of heavy wet snow so I was glad to have the impeller kit in there as well. The machine had no trouble and didn't bog even when I hit it in 3rd gear (of 4). I did my driveway and one of my neighbors. Might have traction drive belt slipping a little bit, i'll doublecheck that tomorrow because we have another storm coming Tuesday Yaaaaay ! looks like the weather pattern has changed ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.