post #1 of 5 Old 01-25-2015, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Ariens 921030

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and looking for some help with a blizzard coming my way (MA) in a couple of days. Earlier this year I purchased a 2014 Ariens 28 inch deluxe and my neighbors have been thanking me every since because we have had pretty much no snow. Well, with up to two feet on the way for Tuesday I decided to play around with it today and realized that the left wheel does not engage with the drive system. I have looked online for a while now and have found some models with an extra handle or a locking pin on the left wheel to engage it. My model has neither!

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-25-2015, 07:35 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 348
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1144
I think that is due to the auto turn system. ALOHA from the some what frozen TUNDRA.:ee k:

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 5 Old 01-25-2015, 07:38 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 60
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 114
Likes (Received): 19
joed13 -- Yep, we're in for a good one on Tuesday. I did not look up your specs, yet you might have a clevis-type pin that goes through the axle by the wheel. Essentially, you can line-up the holes in the wheel with the holes in the axle, and slip the pin through the hole. thereby locking everything together. If it is unlocked (like it appears it is now), you have greater steerability, yet less drive power, as the left wheel is freewheeling.

The way I change mine is to push it up into the service position, meaning resting on the bucket, and then simply pull the pin and line up the holes in the wheel and shaft, and reinsert the pin.

Hope this helps....
post #4 of 5 Old 01-25-2015, 08:13 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 36
Thanks (Received): 45
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by joed13 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and looking for some help with a blizzard coming my way (MA) in a couple of days. Earlier this year I purchased a 2014 Ariens 28 inch deluxe and my neighbors have been thanking me every since because we have had pretty much no snow. Well, with up to two feet on the way for Tuesday I decided to play around with it today and realized that the left wheel does not engage with the drive system. I have looked online for a while now and have found some models with an extra handle or a locking pin on the left wheel to engage it. My model has neither!

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
The model of blower listed, 921030 is an auto turn blower. Therefore you will not have a removable pin to drive the other wheel.

As to why it is not driving, I cannot answer. You may have to tip the blower forward onto the front of the bucket (service position) take off the 6 bolts that hold the bottom cover plate, then look inside to see what is not working. Maybe you have a busted shaft? Maybe a busted drive chain or gear for the lazy wheel.

2014 Ariens Deluxe 30 #921032 w/Armor skids, LED's, Hand warmers.
2015 Ariens Path Pro SS-21 # 938033
2010 Toro 1800 Power curve (electric, for the deck)
2009 Toro Power Shovel (electric, for deck steps)
post #5 of 5 Old 01-26-2015, 03:22 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 2
If you bought it new I'd contact the dealer. It's still under warranty, which you might void by trying to repair it yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in