LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 Old 01-28-2015, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 348
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1142
Which 1 of you got hit the HARDEST.

I have not been following the news. out there on the east coast. just wondering which town/ state got TKO'D.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 01-28-2015, 03:49 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 94
Thanks (Received): 84
Likes (Given): 219
Likes (Received): 134
Worcester and up through the Merrimack Valley hit the jackpot at ~ 36".

post #3 of 44 Old 01-28-2015, 03:55 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 67
Likes (Given): 89
Likes (Received): 123
I'm 20 mins north of Boston and we got slammed. When the snow stopped falling around 2:00 AM this morning, final total was 31" (much higher in areas prone to snow drifts). That on top of the 6" we picked up on Saturday. Looks like the potential for another doozy Sunday Night into Monday Morning. Early projections call for 6" - 10". After a relatively quiet December, we're smack dab in the middle of one of those volatile weather patterns. I waited all summer for this!

2009 Honda HS928WAS
2005 Honda HS520AS
1996 Honda HS621AS
2012 Toro 1800 Power-Curve
post #4 of 44 Old 01-28-2015, 04:45 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 11
Likes (Received): 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezn View Post
I'm 20 mins north of Boston and we got slammed. When the snow stopped falling around 2:00 AM this morning, final total was 31" (much higher in areas prone to snow drifts). That on top of the 6" we picked up on Saturday. Looks like the potential for another doozy Sunday Night into Monday Morning. Early projections call for 6" - 10". After a relatively quiet December, we're smack dab in the middle of one of those volatile weather patterns. I waited all summer for this!
You are a Honda super freak. Great machines. Which one is your favorite? Anyone more troublesome (mechanical issues) than the other. You are one of the few to have this many and give a complete working review.
post #5 of 44 Old 01-28-2015, 05:06 PM
JnC

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 58
Thanks (Received): 128
Likes (Given): 23
Likes (Received): 171
Nashua, NH 32"
post #6 of 44 Old 01-28-2015, 06:04 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 17
Thanks (Received): 11
Likes (Given): 13
Likes (Received): 12
Sayreville,NJ about 4 inches (called for 24-28 so they were off by about 2 feet)

Toro Snow Commander
Toro Powerlite
post #7 of 44 Old 01-28-2015, 06:18 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 67
Likes (Given): 89
Likes (Received): 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenig041 View Post
You are a Honda super freak. Great machines. Which one is your favorite? Anyone more troublesome (mechanical issues) than the other. You are one of the few to have this many and give a complete working review.
That's a tough question. It really depends on the storm. The HS928 is so much fun to use. There's a reason Honda hasn't changed the overall design and engine set-up of the HS928 in something like 15+ years. It's just a well built beast with tons of power to spare and purrs like a kitten. Unless you're standing 25' or closer to the machine, you have a hard time telling whether it's running or not. It throws snow like there's no tomorrow. It was easily throwing the 30"+ of dry snow we received yesterday 25'-30' straight in the air and 40' - 50' in either direction. Sadly, we don't get hit with too many "super" storms in New England each year that require the HS928. I generally reserve that machine for 10"+ snowfalls. My go to machine is the HS621, perfect combination of power and maneuverability. The GX160 commercial engine is about as reliable as they come. Routine oil changes and spark plug gapping is all that's ever needed. I replace the scraper bar, paddles, and belt every 5 years and the machine just keeps plugging away. Great throw distance about 30'-35' with dry snow conditions and maybe 20'-25' with moderately wet snow. What I like the best about the HS621 is that is clears the snow right down to bare asphalt. I'm not exaggerating. It leaves nothing behind. I go out and clear the driveway a couple times each storm, so EOD is never really an issue, but it probably would be if I left it too long. I also spray all my equipment (Auger Area and discharge chute) with Silicone spray before and after each use. I swear that's why they continue to remain rust free. The HS520 is my "Red-Headed" stepchild. Nothing wrong with the machine, it's just not my "go to" machine and therefore doesn't get the attention or use it probably deserves. It certainly performs as well as the HS621, but for whatever reason, I like the lines and look of the HS621. Never got used to the bloated chunky look of the HS520. Thought about selling it a few years ago, but my 13 year old son absolutely loves using that machine. He even pulls it out to hit the neighbors driveway. Just can't bring myself to selling it when I know how much he enjoys using it, polishing it, and maintaining it. Kind of cool don't you think? I'm sure you'll be reading posts on this from "Mini Freezn" in years to come.

2009 Honda HS928WAS
2005 Honda HS520AS
1996 Honda HS621AS
2012 Toro 1800 Power-Curve

Last edited by Freezn; 01-28-2015 at 07:04 PM.
post #8 of 44 Old 01-28-2015, 07:01 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 23
Likes (Received): 62
I'm not sure what the news people say but if i had
to guess we got somewhere near 30".

Lee
post #9 of 44 Old 01-28-2015, 07:33 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 33
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 54
JNC -

I envy your 924.....I always wanted a big beast in a 24" bucket..
post #10 of 44 Old 01-28-2015, 08:44 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 4
my dog can now walk over my 8' fence...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page