LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 01-30-2015, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 14
Favorite snow gloves?

For those of you without hand warmer grips, what kind of gloves do you use? It seems that I can keep warm except for my fingers, and no glove I've found so far makes much difference.

Craftsman 5/22 with impeller mod & poly skids,
Ariens 28+ Deluxe 921037 AX291
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 01-30-2015, 04:57 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 196
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 250
This question came up last year as well and was resurrected a couple months back.

https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum...78-gloves.html

Please direct all snow blower questions to the forums and not to me with PMs.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks Dave C thanked for this post
post #3 of 14 Old 01-30-2015, 05:13 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 347
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1141
get some of those ICE ARMOR mitts. then stick those hot hand warmer things in with your paws. they will stay nice and toasty warm.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #4 of 14 Old 01-30-2015, 07:19 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 4
I use cheap garden work gloves, but wear latex disposable gloves underneath to keep dry.

-Ken

2011 John Deere 1330se

post #5 of 14 Old 01-30-2015, 07:43 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
For those of you without hand warmer grips, what kind of gloves do you use? It seems that I can keep warm except for my fingers, and no glove I've found so far makes much difference.
You might want to put hand warmers on your Ariens, best thing I did with mine.

Snow Removal Apparatus I own:
Ariens ST1530DLE, and good ole arm powered scrapper.
The 15 HP is a new Ducar engine sold
by Princess Auto in Canada.
post #6 of 14 Old 01-30-2015, 08:16 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 149
Im, fond of my LL Bean Goretex mitten shells with fleece liner gloves. Equally important to warm hands is a warm body / arms / blood. Maintain good protection on the wrists and keep the rest of you toasty. Try to move the hands during long passes to stimulate blood flow. These are lessons that are clearly demonstrated scuba diving in cold water.
post #7 of 14 Old 01-31-2015, 11:16 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 98
I developed Raynaud's disease about........ 15 to 20 years ago. To say the least guys. (IT BLOWS), or should I say (THROWS) I found over these years that mittens do a real good job until my hands start to sweat and it gets the mittiens wet from in inside out. Mittens are very hard to dry out, even after being in the dryer. If it were the case of just snow throwing, I'd say they'd be okay, but along with doing a lot of shoveling, they do get pretty wet on the inside.

But since I have been winter hiking over the last 10 seasons or so, it has toughened me up to where wearing gloves is okay as long as I keep the blood pumping. So believe it or not, I have been wearing those yellow cotton type gloves that you buy in a 3-pack. ($5) I turn them inside out to keep the stitching from rubbing against my fingers. It means a lot doing it this way when shoveling. Even after the glooves get wet, as long as I am pumping the blood, I am okay. And if the wet does start to bother me, I just pull out another pair to use. They pack in to your pockets easy enough where they do not take up a lot of room.

They dry excellent in the dryer and they tend to fluff up a bit.

I will use all 3 pairs over a 3-4 year period.
post #8 of 14 Old 01-31-2015, 11:40 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Received): 7
Had a pair of these for 7 years now. Warm & tough. Too warm of active winter sports but for snowblowing, ice fishing, snowmobiling, walking the dog… perfect.

Cabela's Men's Pinnacle Gloves with GORE-TEX® and PrimaLoft® : Cabela's

Kindest
Kevin
Honda HS 1132

post #9 of 14 Old 01-31-2015, 10:53 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 7
Likes (Received): 4
I likely have Raynaud's as well. My hands will get cold on a warm day. I like mittens because they keep your fingers together and that's a little better than even the best gloves which merely divide-and-conquer.

For this year's outside work, I got a pair of these:

Kinco® Insulated Cowhide Leather Mittens | GEMPLER'S

They actually have finger slots inside the mitten shell. I'm not sure that's the way to go ... but they worked well that last storm with the wind howlin'.
post #10 of 14 Old 02-01-2015, 08:28 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 70
Thanks (Received): 57
Likes (Given): 425
Likes (Received): 139
Ya , that Raynaud's thing can be a pain . At one point, when the temps dipped below about 40 F ( yes above 0 ) some of my fingers would start turning white . Totally numb , zero blood flow , I probably could have cut them off and not felt it.
I was lucky though , my Doc gave me a script for something , I think it was a blood thinner , I just took it when I knew I'd need it . Between that and getting back into construction work where my hands and arms got a lot of exercise I got most of the way over that

Phil

Ariens 2 foot SHO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page