LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-01-2015, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Traction Problem(s)

Ariens 24 Platinum. At the end of the driveway I have to manhandle it sideways to get it back up off the street. What if I lower the air pressure in the tires, or do I need chains? 2nd problem is that is doesn’t clean down the the concrete very well. Lower the skids and/or put some weight on the front - and if I do will the traction be even worse? Thanks for any ideas. NE Iowa and it’s trying hard to make up for December & January.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-01-2015, 08:21 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 293
Likes (Given): 1642
Likes (Received): 579
the auger and housing will get torn up if in contact for a long time, two stage machines are not designed to clean the snow down to bare pavement. how much is left on the ground is determined by how the skids and scraper bar are set

current machines
1-toro2450E-38419. 1-toro3000E-38435. 1-toro 3650E-38445
2-toro 521E-38052. 1-toro xl824pt 38086
1-.............,TORO XL 624ps..............
1-............, TORO XL 824ps..............
william
post #3 of 4 Old 02-01-2015, 08:27 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 139
Thanks (Received): 269
Likes (Given): 371
Likes (Received): 912
The best method I've found for skid adjustment is to use a paint stir stik undeneath the scraper bar. Drop skids down to the ground and re tighten them. If your wheels are spinning when blowing you're going too fast. Adjust your speed so you're not overunning your blower output. Read your owner's manual for proper use. Inflate tires to pressure written on sidewall. It is ok to use a little less but make sure the pressure is equal in your tires. Not being familiar with your machine I'm only guessing but be sure both wheels have traction. Read your owner's manual to see how to perform this. Can't help you with your driveway issue except to tell you to make sure both whels are driving and maybe hit it at an angle to get one wheel at a time up on it.
Let us know if this clears up your problems.

Joe

Sent from my junky old Hisense 7" tablet that I can barely see.
Toro 724
Toro CCR 3650E
Toro 5/21 sold
Ariens 5/22 ss ..Sold
Ariens Sno Tek 7/24 sold.
Old green plastic snow shovel... Sent.to shovel Heaven
Old quarry shovel for ice.
New.green shovel
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks Butkusrules thanked for this post
post #4 of 4 Old 02-01-2015, 08:43 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notes View Post
Ariens 24 Platinum. At the end of the driveway I have to manhandle it sideways to get it back up off the street. What if I lower the air pressure in the tires, or do I need chains? 2nd problem is that is doesn’t clean down the the concrete very well. Lower the skids and/or put some weight on the front -
You certainly put very valid points to ameliorate your snow blower's performance, first you should adjust your skids with the scraper 1/8" on a hard surface, some use paint sticks or you could use 2 quarters stacked as this will leave approx. 1/8" of snow and will help not scraping your skids on bare asphalt. Don't play with your air pressure as it will play games with the auto turn, should be around 18 psi. As for the weight I have a 27" X 4 1/2" and 1/2" thick which gives you approx. 18 lbs and feels just about right.
I also have chains on my Ariens 1130DLE and it improves my traction very nice but I don't know if it would be advisable for auto turn maybe ask a dealer. Good Luck

Snow Removal Apparatus I own:
Ariens ST1530DLE, and good ole arm powered scrapper.
The 15 HP is a new Ducar engine sold
by Princess Auto in Canada.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page