LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-18-2015, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 4
Signature Pro Professional Duty

Not too much written here about Signature Pro blowers. They used to be top notch, or at tleast I thought so. Curious how come more people do not consider them. Lack of distribution? How do they compair to Ariens and Honda and others?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-18-2015, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 336
Likes (Given): 148
Likes (Received): 763
Probably not much written, because no one has ever heard of them!
I havent..
just googled it: ah! Simplicity Pro series!
I have heard of those, but I have never heard them called "Signature Pro" series before:

Two Stage Commercial Snow Blower | Simplicity Snowblowers

Those are probably excellent machines, the old Simplicity 'Pro" series, still being made by Briggs & Stratton..they do seem to be uncommon, not many people have them..dont know why.

Most likely, as you suggested: distribution. because there are less dealers than for other brands..I cant even think of where I would go to look at one of those in Rochester or Buffalo! and I know where dealers for all the other major brands are..

I just googled that too!
there is ONE Simplicity dealer in the greater Rochester NY area..
and its way out on the east side.

in that same region, Ariens has TEN dealers..and thats not even counting Home Depot.

Scot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-18-2015, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 4
If we were talking about the average person, I would never expect them to have heard of Simplicity. But I have learned a lot on this forum and Simplicity was (or used to be) considered a top of the line brand. Therefore, I would have expected this group to know about them.

When I was looking for another snowblower, I considered them, especially when looking at used machines. I finally purchased the Ariens 921036, which isn’t too far away from the way the Simplicity is set up.

But your point about 10 dealers to one makes sense. And while I have not priced them, 10 to 1 usually means more $$$$
post #4 of 6 Old 02-18-2015, 08:48 AM
wdb

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 22
Thanks (Received): 23
Likes (Given): 43
Likes (Received): 69
I have a Simplicity riding mower I bought in the early 1990's. It has a nice thick mower deck, a strong B&S V-twin engine, even grease fittings. And I'm lucky to have a Simplicity dealer nearby.

All that said, Simplicity - like so many other brands - is not what it used to be. I think they're still a few notches above the big-box stuff though.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-18-2015, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 510
Thanks (Received): 681
Likes (Given): 3844
Likes (Received): 1478
Garage
I had never heard of Signature" before but came across it recently in another thread. Guess it depends on if it's really a "Signature" or a "Simplicity" that Snow Guy is asking about. There is a "Signature" brand name out there and it's not a Simplicity.

From someone elses research it looks like "Signature" was made by Murray.
https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum...w-thrower.html

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:

Last edited by Kiss4aFrog; 02-18-2015 at 09:48 AM.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-18-2015, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 336
Likes (Given): 148
Likes (Received): 763
If you just say "Signature" or "Signature snowblower", you could be referring to either:

1. the older "Signature" brand name, which was recently determined in this forum to be a Murray brand name..re-badged Murray snowblowers, probably from the 80's or 90's.

or:

2. The Simplicity "Signature Pro Professional Duty" lineup, which are a Simplicity (now Briggs & Stratton) series, unrelated to the earlier Murray machines.

If you say ""Signature Pro", adding the word "Pro", or say the whole thing: "Signature Pro Professional Duty", you can only be referring to the newer Simplicity machines.

Both Murray and Simplicity now belong to the Briggs family, so Briggs "acquired" the "Signature" brand name, as it relates to snowblowers, so they probably just transferred the name from the Murray line to the Simplicity line. But the older "Murray signature" and the newer "Simplicity signature" snowblowers are not at all related, from a technology standpoint. They are only related in an "ownership of brand names" sense.

Scot

Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks Kiss4aFrog thanked for this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page