LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 02-25-2015, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 31
Too little too late!

Well according to a couple of radio ads I heard today, the Ariens trucks have arrived in central Massachusetts with with a fresh supply of blowers.
I'm thinking the panic is mostly over now. Either people got stuck with whatever was available in a panic (something less than ideal), or with warmer temperatures predicted for next week, people just don't care anymore and are willing to wait until the new models come out in August/September.

The demand during peak season never ceases to amaze me. It seems year after year after year we have a snow blower 'shortage' in Massachusetts. I just don't get why folks aren't more proactive to the weather here. Get one in the fall when the supply and choices are plentiful!

2010 Ariens Deluxe 27 (921012)
250cc B&S (1150 ft lbs)
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes gsnod liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-25-2015, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 510
Thanks (Received): 681
Likes (Given): 3844
Likes (Received): 1478
Garage
Around here it's just the opposite. The big boxes pulled them but the smaller dealers are having sales to move the inventory they are sitting on. Not much snow this year and used are really cheap.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-25-2015, 11:39 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 27
Likes (Given): 48
Likes (Received): 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco-diablo View Post
The demand during peak season never ceases to amaze me. It seems year after year after year we have a snow blower 'shortage' in Massachusetts. I just don't get why folks aren't more proactive to the weather here. Get one in the fall when the supply and choices are plentiful!
I lived just South of New Orleans, and you'd think that being in the epicenter of hurricane central would cause people to be proactive! Nope! You should have seen how many emails I got about the generator I had for sale on Craigslist! Not a single email for weeks before a hurricane hit, but then after the storm, TONS of people wanted my generator!
I kept the darn thing just to spite them! Lazy mo-fos!

Cub Cadet 2X 524 SWE
Ariens 922008, 922018 - Project
Previous: Ariens 624E, Toro CCR2000
post #4 of 8 Old 02-26-2015, 08:54 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco-diablo View Post
Well according to a couple of radio ads I heard today, the Ariens trucks have arrived in central Massachusetts with with a fresh supply of blowers.
I'm thinking the panic is mostly over now. Either people got stuck with whatever was available in a panic (something less than ideal), or with warmer temperatures predicted for next week, people just don't care anymore and are willing to wait until the new models come out in August/September.

I hear you...the general attitude is procrastination, and distraction. we're all guilty of it to some extent...
buying a new snowblower now, would be somewhat less than optimal, if not borderline na´ve or foolish.
in a month the prices will be heavily discounted as they clear the floor for lawn equipment, and the snowblowers will be heavily discounted
it's pretty obvious this season is over for the most part. unless a killer pirate spy storm sneaks in from somewhere...
I wouldn't mind a March killer blizzard, there's a lot of iron laying around here that never got fully utilized this year ! if the little Ariens 10M-L35 had good tires and chains, it would have sufficed this winter. it was a substandard season for snow

just say NO to Chinese made ANYTHING !
1967 S-242 Snowbird 4/24
AMF Dynamark Luminaire 5362 8/26 3-stage
Craftsman Drift Breaker 10/32 3-stage
Gilson 55012 8/26 gear drive
Ariens 910010 8/32
Cub Cadet 268 8/26
Yard-Man Snowbird 7040-0 5/22
Ariens 10M-L35 3.5/24
New Holland/Gilson Unitrol 8/26
(2) AMF Polar Bear 7/26 3-stage project/parts machines

Last edited by greatwhitebuffalo; 02-26-2015 at 08:58 AM.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-26-2015, 10:46 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 36
Likes (Given): 62
Likes (Received): 85
As I was getting onto I-495 north from Route 2 east yesterday an F-350 went by hauling a big landscape trailer with eight new Ariens of various models on it. All were fully assembled, gotta wonder where they were headed. Chances seem good that they were all already spoken for.

I tried to catch up but traffic was too heavy and he must have peeled off somewhere between Littleton and Lowell MA.

2015 Ariens Deluxe 28+ 921037, 414cc LCT (now son's)
2014 Ariens Platinum 30 921029, 414cc LCT (mine forever)
post #6 of 8 Old 02-26-2015, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixMan View Post
As I was getting onto I-495 north from Route 2 east yesterday an F-350 went by hauling a big landscape trailer with eight new Ariens of various models on it. All were fully assembled, gotta wonder where they were headed. Chances seem good that they were all already spoken for.

I tried to catch up but traffic was too heavy and he must have peeled off somewhere between Littleton and Lowell MA.
I would be surprised if they were all spoken for. The panic/rush is over. The machines getting delivered to dealers now were ordered during the panic when dealer phones were ringing off the hook but with no guarantee from Ariens or the distributor on when they'd arrive. Now that they are arriving the dealers are getting stuck with them. As we head toward March 1st, people aren't so willing to part with the $$ 4 figures as they were even 2/3 weeks ago. It's probably a good time to negotiate on the prices or just wait and see what the new models have to offer in the fall.

I heard a Caola ad on the radio yesterday. New shipment arrived. Plenty in stock available. Several models available. Come on down!

2010 Ariens Deluxe 27 (921012)
250cc B&S (1150 ft lbs)
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Kiss4aFrog liked this post
post #7 of 8 Old 02-26-2015, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 510
Thanks (Received): 681
Likes (Given): 3844
Likes (Received): 1478
Garage
I think if they held off this long the pressure to buy is pretty much gone with the rising temps and the coming of March.
In a normal year we (MN & WI) could look forward to one or two more dumpings as winter tries to hang on but it normally doesn't last and it's sweater weather.
This year everything moved to the east. I'm already seeing grass again

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 8 Old 02-26-2015, 01:46 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 9
In my 60 years of living in NJ I seem to recall that we still can get some good size snow storms in March yet. The snow is "wetter" usually but it melts faster than Jan/Feb snow storms. We also are subject to more damaging ice storms in March. That's what I have my generator for .

Whimsey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page