LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 09-26-2016, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 38
Likes (Given): 11
Likes (Received): 63
Smile Just an FYI...

Recently their have been a number of threads referencing the "Who, What, When, Where and How" of lubricating our machines for the coming year. One name that frequently comes up is "Never Seez" or anti-seize compounds as they're generically called.
I've used the major brands for years and never really thought about what's in them. Sooo.... proving once again you can teach an old dog new tricks I looked around and found this website with way more info than any us will ever need but it is interesting nonetheless.

Anti Seize Compounds from Permatex and Bostik Never-Seez - Industrial Supply Group

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-26-2016, 06:17 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 7
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 8
Garage
Interesting! I never actually knew that "Never Seez" was an actual brand, I thought it was just slang for an anti-seize. I've mostly just seen and used the Permatex stuff.

Something else that I've struggled with on occasion, when to use anti-seize vs when to use a thread-locker. I believe they both work for my main application, which is to prevent the threads from rusting and otherwise being impossible to remove. The added benefit of some kind of thread-locker would be welcome on a lot of high vibration power equipment and motorcycle applications.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page