post #1 of 6 Old 09-29-2016, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 11
Extended Warranties?

Hi,

Before I buy my new single stage have a question about warranty?

In particular the extended warranty coverage offered when purchasing using your credit card (Visa)

Visa will extend manufacturers warranties up to 1 additional year for items that have a 3 year manufacture warranty or less.

Does anyone know if snow blowers are covered?

If so, has anyone registered there snowblowers on the visa website?

I read the site, but there's always the very small fine print.

Most snow blowers are good, however if I can get an additional year of warranty coverage for free, why not.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-30-2016, 06:48 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 139
Thanks (Received): 270
Likes (Given): 372
Likes (Received): 912
I'm sorry but I am'no help. The first and last new snowblower I bought was back in 1994. Since then I buy only used. You may want to call visa directly and ask them.

Joe

Sent from my junky old Hisense 7" tablet that I can barely see.
Toro 724
Toro CCR 3650E
Toro 5/21 sold
Ariens 5/22 ss ..Sold
Ariens Sno Tek 7/24 sold.
Old green plastic snow shovel... Sent.to shovel Heaven
Old quarry shovel for ice.
New.green shovel
post #3 of 6 Old 09-30-2016, 08:54 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 23
Thanks (Received): 281
Likes (Given): 40
Likes (Received): 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeve725 View Post

Visa will extend manufacturers warranties up to 1 additional year for items that have a 3 year manufacture warranty or less.
Be wary; most plans of this nature that claim to offer to 'extend your protection' or other words are actually NOT warranty, but a service contract, often run by a third party, with LOTS of exclusions.

If any plan is an actual extension of the warranty then it could only be administered by the manufacturer. How is VISA going to work it out with them when you have a problem after the factory warranty has expired? Maybe you do pay for repairs out of pocket, and then request reimbursement from VISA? How will VISA determine if the repairs were genuine warranty items?

- - -
[email protected]
Social Media Consigliere (retired)
Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding is my opinion alone.

post #4 of 6 Old 09-30-2016, 11:24 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 38
Likes (Given): 11
Likes (Received): 63
Only extended warranty I would consider is one from the manufacturer. Everything else is as Robert says just a service contract with lots of hoops to jump thru. Totally useless!
post #5 of 6 Old 09-30-2016, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by stromr View Post
Only extended warranty I would consider is one from the manufacturer. Everything else is as Robert says just a service contract with lots of hoops to jump thru. Totally useless!
Yea, I'm not disputing any of this.

After I posted my post, I read online and a few different forums about this exact subject, however it was mostly for items such as smaller appliances, a TV, etc. Not anything big like an lawn mower, snow blower, etc.

The general consensus is you file a claim, then take the item to an authorized repair facility and if its fixable, you pay to get it fixed, then they will credit your credit card after you provide the cc company with your a copy of your receipt, copy of the manufacturers warranty, and a receipt from the repair facility. If its not able to be repaired, then after filing the claim, you will need to provide proof from the repair facility of why it cant be repaired.

Out of what I read mostly everyone had pretty good experiences, there was a couple that didn't however they didn't go into detail why.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-30-2016, 05:36 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 158
Likes (Given): 95
Likes (Received): 302
Personally I don't think you benefit from a "good" warranty on any winter product. The season is so short you can't get in line to fix something when it's needed. Just like boats, super they covered it free(not true, you paid a bunch for the product), but it takes weeks to be available, cutting your season timetable. Seasonal warranty is easy to sell, and hard to claim. There's not much satisfaction in getting a snowblower purchased in Jan to run correctly in March. You can make 13 posts about how well the "company" honored your warranty, but you're a season out by now. Long term warranties makes sense for value of purchase, like they fix it off season, so some major brands are strong. Extended warranties for 3 month items makes no sense to me as far as usability. If they guarantee they can fix any problem for 3 years, that's great. If it's during the season I need the **** thing, what's the difference? I can fix it off season, so can my local parts guy? If they had a warranty that said shop to shore coverage, or shop to driveway coverage that's different. Worst thing you can hear from an authorized repair shop,"You should be good to go, just need to take care of some small items not covered in the warranty....."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page