Help! Decisions on new Ariens Snowblower - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-23-2016, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Help! Decisions on new Ariens Snowblower

New to forum and looking for advice... Live in southeastern MA and looking at Ariens snowblowers. I have a 150 yard driveway and a path to the front door to maintain.

Interested in Ariens 921053 24" Platinum EFI, but my local dealer does not supply this (tells me he's not getting involved with EFI engines). My 13 yo son will be doing some of the work this winter, so I favor a quick start machine without too much extra work getting it going, as well as being fairly easy to handle.

Do I purchase online and keep my fingers crossed that there are no issues, or do I go with one of my dealer's models (Deluxe models)?

If there are other models that anyone would recommend considering, given my needs, please let me know.

Appreciate any suggestions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-23-2016, 01:47 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 1
I just bought a new toro power max 826 OXE and got the one with the flood light for night time snowblowing I'm in Nova Scotia
post #3 of 4 Old 10-23-2016, 04:52 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 124
Likes (Given): 78
Likes (Received): 167
aboard!

I would get the Ariens Platinum 24 SHO, the carbureted model and not look back. This is an excellent machine, I have a walkaround vid I did on mine, second link under my signature. You may also take a look at the Husky ST324 (their heavy duty series it has a hydrostatic automatic transmission which is a nice feature). The Ariens will give you more power and better customer support. Best of luck let us know what you went with and post some pics after you take delivery.

Ariens Platinum 24 SHO w/369cc carbureted LCT motor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Cardo111; 10-23-2016 at 10:27 PM.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-23-2016, 06:08 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 1
buying the carb one from your local dealer is a big plus because having a repair shop to fix things that go wrong is one of the reasons I bought mine from a toro dealer and not from a big box chain store which was cheaper but the box store has no shop incase I need repairs, and the dealer is close by and they can come pickup and deliver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page