LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 11-10-2016, 02:20 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 84
Likes (Given): 57
Likes (Received): 262
Bummer :(

The last 2016 Ariens Platinum 24 SHO sold on SBD. Now it's all that EFI junk I mean!! sorry no offense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-10-2016, 07:41 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 125
Likes (Given): 79
Likes (Received): 168
Some dealers here still have some leftover 921038's from last year.

What about the new Platinun 24 non EFI 's (921050) SHO's they should be readily available at local dealers.

Ariens Platinum 24 SHO w/369cc carbureted LCT motor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 Old 11-10-2016, 08:02 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 103
Thanks (Received): 375
Likes (Given): 466
Likes (Received): 479
Seem like he does not like the EFI idea.
If I could afford it, I'd take an EFI engine over a carburetor one with no doubt.
post #4 of 8 Old 11-10-2016, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 360
Likes (Given): 152
Likes (Received): 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlowSnow View Post
The last 2016 Ariens Platinum 24 SHO sold on SBD. Now it's all that EFI junk I mean!! sorry no offense.
Why are assuming EFI is junk? there is absolutely no evidence to support that.
EFI on snowblowers is new this year, people have been buying them, but winter hasn't hit yet to really try them out..
We will know better by Spring, but so far, I have heard of no issues whatsoever..

you really shouldnt be calling something "junk" when you have absolutely nothing to base that on.
In Automobiles, EFI has been the standard for decades now, and it works perfectly fine..
Carburetors on cars are considered very outdated and primitive technology now.

Scot

post #5 of 8 Old 11-10-2016, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
OH come on folks, I'm just playing with ya. Personally, I don't want electronics and stuff like that on my snowblower. I don't want to have to plug something in to charge something or communicate with something on the snowblower. I just want a good traditional prime, choke, and pull to start machine. The modern carb'd machines have no issue whatsoever starting in the coldest of temps if the machine has been maintained properly. In fact with how easy pulling recoil starters are now a days, I don't see any point to key starters on these things as well, unless you are disabled and unable to pull a recoil, in which case I might question if you are even fit enough to operate a snowblower, but that is just my personal opinion on the matter. Oh sure you have the creature comforts like key starting and flip a switch hand warmers, and press a button or move a joystick chute control, but again- I don't need that. Some of you think you do, that's fine. But I'm not sold on this EFI stuff. It is nothing against Ariens, **** (he- LL is not a cuss word, mods.) I'm very loyal to them, but I don't want or need the EFI. It serves no purpose for me and I see it as a possible hindrance down the road, just something more that can possibly go wrong with age.

Last edited by GoBlowSnow; 11-10-2016 at 12:56 PM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes E350, Jackmels liked this post
post #6 of 8 Old 11-10-2016, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardo111 View Post
Some dealers here still have some leftover 921038's from last year.

What about the new Platinun 24 non EFI 's (921050) SHO's they should be readily available at local dealers.
You bring up a good point. I guess I had assumed that all 2017 Platinum 24 SHOs were now EFI.
post #7 of 8 Old 11-10-2016, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 360
Likes (Given): 152
Likes (Received): 804
Two new Ariens models in the 2017 lineup are EFI:

921049 - Deluxe 30 EFI
921053 - Platinum 24 SHO EFI

The other fifteen 2-stage models in the current catalog have traditional carburetors.

Scot

post #8 of 8 Old 11-11-2016, 11:11 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 114
Likes (Given): 126
Likes (Received): 266
My thoughts on EFI is I like it but hate it, A Carb is so simple to work on on these machines, But with EFI there is no choke and last much much longer without issues but the downfall is when there is a issue you won't be buying a replacement for $15 off ebay, They get expensive. Same happened with dirt bikes, When I purchased mine back in 2008 they were already talking about dirt bikes going EFI and since then I have heard very little negatives about them other than the cost if you need to replace the unit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page