LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 11-13-2016, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 109
Likes (Given): 107
Likes (Received): 252
Made a good score today

Went to look at what was in a pic as a Toro 3521 but apparently he just found a pic of something similar because when I pulled up he had a 521 in much better condition sitting there, It had a rusty plug and said he couldn't get it to start but I was prepared lol, Pull a new plug out of my truck with a socket and a can of starter fluid just to see if it would actually run. Primed it, put on choke and wow it fired up first pull without even using the starting fluid. Sputtered a bit then stalled out as soon as I turned the choke off but a good carb cleaning should take care of that, Not only is this thing NOT rusted to death for a old machine but it's rather clean, Not just washed clean. A bit dusty but no grime or grease all over it. Well going to go through it and check all the belts and make sure it's all good and give it to the girlfriend for a early Christmas gift. Best part is I got it for $50 lol I've been getting lucky as of late, Got a yard machines 10hp wood chipper and all it took is a quick carb clean and a tire tube and it's all good for a hefty price of $30 lol it sold for $650 new. Still plan to pull the blades and sharpen them but everything works and in good shape, Now the toro for $50 I'll get a few pics tomorrow.

Last edited by Dauntae; 11-13-2016 at 09:41 PM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes classiccat liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 11-14-2016, 05:44 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 139
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 326
Good for you, congrats.
post #3 of 18 Old 11-14-2016, 05:51 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 348
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1144
MAZEL TOV on that 1.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #4 of 18 Old 11-14-2016, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Did a little work on it today but the carb is REAL dirty, Did a quick clean and changed the fuel line from tank and had to clean out the fuel valve, It was very clogged up. So got it all cleared out and but the carb was quit dirty, So pulled a carb off another that I'm working on but it also needs cleaning, It starts but running rough and pulsing when running but other than that everything else seems good, all the bearing are tight, drive works well and auger works well so just need to get the cleaned carb back on, Took the original complacently apart, cleaned any corrosion out with small brass brush and made sure all holes are clear and everything is moving freely, Just need to get some new O-rings for the adjustable needles which I think may be part of the issue with the pulsing (air leaks) so once I get the O-rings I'll give it a shot.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
post #5 of 18 Old 11-14-2016, 06:41 PM

Location: nova scotia-south shore - ave annual snowfall 199.4 cm ( 78.5 ")
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 73
Thanks (Received): 157
Likes (Given): 359
Likes (Received): 593
Garage
good purchase !! wish i could find that same model for that price !

24 " 1967? Ariens Sno thro
28 " Ariens Sno Tek
Toro CCR ss
1966 Gravely LI Walk behind with dog eater

post #6 of 18 Old 11-14-2016, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 510
Thanks (Received): 681
Likes (Given): 3844
Likes (Received): 1478
Garage
You should have talked him down to $25 because it didn't run and then after forking over the money and rolling it to your vehicle tried the plug and let it load itself for the drive home.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
post #7 of 18 Old 11-15-2016, 08:41 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 88
Likes (Given): 127
Likes (Received): 277
Your just a thief..... lol Nice score

And people are always asking me why I end up with so many snow blowers and mowers. etc. They practically fall out of the sky if you look around - lot's of strays out there.

I am deathly allergic to shovels!

post #8 of 18 Old 11-15-2016, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad69cat View Post
Your just a thief..... lol Nice score

And people are always asking me why I end up with so many snow blowers and mowers. etc. They practically fall out of the sky if you look around - lot's of strays out there.
Your not kidding, Actually had to put a mower in the basement to make room in the garage for this one lol spring I'll be selling my John Deere riding mower and one of the push mowers or at least give the push mower away lol Too much stuff and having too much fun getting these snow blowers going.
post #9 of 18 Old 11-15-2016, 04:38 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 17
Thanks (Received): 20
Likes (Given): 103
Likes (Received): 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcove View Post
good purchase !! wish i could find that same model for that price !
I'd pay that price for one with a blown engine that looked that good.I need a parts machine to keep my 521 going.
post #10 of 18 Old 11-15-2016, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Well today I took the carb to work, put the jets in a ultrasonic and went through it compleatly right down to new O-Rings, Got home and it's pouring rain, put the carb on in my way over stuffed garage and tuned the needles in the rain lol Got the mixture running good then started lowering the throttle and tweaked the idle mixture until I could put it to idle and it just purred, Idle is a little fast but I'm going to leave it that way just so my girlfriend doesn't stall it (I got this one for her to upgrade her 2 stroke single stage) Well I then re tuned the mixture and now it runs solid, Great $50 and no parts needed to purchase other than a little fuel line and a spark plug. Now to fix the loose chute and bring it to the girlfriends and make a little room for the next project I scored today, That's going in another thread but this one is a even better deal lol.

Last edited by Dauntae; 11-15-2016 at 04:56 PM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes bad69cat liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page