LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 11-14-2016, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 114
Likes (Given): 127
Likes (Received): 266
Dynamark

Cane across a old dynamark 8/24 with tecumseh engine for $100, says it just needs a carb rebuild but not sure I want to venture into it as parts may be hard to find, hmmm would be nice to have a 24in though, Cosmetically looks real good and looks like it's been indoors and taken care of but oh finding parts would be tough, what do you all think I should do, take a chance or just save my pennies for a bigger machine after the winter is ending and everyone is having buyers remorse lol (love those good deals)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-15-2016, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 362
Likes (Given): 152
Likes (Received): 805
Well..there is only one question to be asked: Do you want an old Dynamark? yes or no.
If you think its cool, and you want to take it on as a project, (and it wont be your one and only snowblower) then go for it!

but $100 is probably too much..
any older (1980's or earlier) Non-Running snowblower really isnt worth more than $50 IMO..
the "non-running" part is key...because you wont know what is wrong until you buy it..could be minor, could be more..

If everything worked, it fires up, auger and impeller turns, transmission works, etc..*then* it could be worth $100..
but in a non-running state, its a gamble..IMO its not worth $100 unless you feel confidant a carb-rebuild is probably all it needs, and if overall condition is good.
$100 isnt bad, but only if you think its in decent condition and you think its *likely* it really only needs a carb rebuild.

I dont know anything about parts availability..other members might be able to advise you on that.

Scot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-15-2016, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 114
Likes (Given): 127
Likes (Received): 266
Yea I'm deciding to pass on it, In the pics it looks in real good shape and the engine and starter are even still all black lol look well taken care of but I'm wanting a decent main unit for use, I have a old Snapper 6/22 that runs great and started first pull a few weeks ago but when the plow goes by it really struggles in the deep stuff and the little old guy (my 75 yr old neighbor) Well I think his might be a MTD but is larger and has little trouble in the stuff mine struggles with, But I still try and get the heavy stuff moved for him none the less, and he's thankful and since I started helping him his wife seems to be a LOT friendlier lol They used to be the neighbors who looked the other way when you were there lol. Well hoping to find either a decent Husky or airions at the end of the season so my little Snapper will hold out another winter.... (That just sounded wrong there)

Last edited by Dauntae; 11-15-2016 at 10:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page