Bought my Snow Blower Online, NOT Local Dealer - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 11-21-2016, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 22
Bought my Snow Blower Online, NOT Local Dealer

After my experience from my 1st local dealer (that's a different post) I chose to contact another local dealer I was referred to. That local dealer told me they do not deliver, do not match prices, and only sell there products at MSRP (Manufacturer suggested retail price)

Well, I went ahead and Bought a Toro QZE 721 online from Home Depot. I originally was looking for a QZR 721 but home depot no longer sells the QZR 721.

Awesome, Awesome experience from Home Depot!!

When I was online I talked with live chat, I asked about a military discount since I am a veteran and it was the week of Veterans day holiday. Wow they gave me a 15% discount online (My local store only gives 10%, my lucky day) also on the taxes, I'm not sure what they did, but my taxes where also discounted. After taxes and my military discount I paid less for the QZE then the local dealers where going to sell me the QZR 721. All live chat has to do is while talking to them, they will send a secure credit card form, and you fill it out, they process the order. Very easy.

Paid less online @ home depot, then local home depot's would have charged me and it shipped to my house for free.

Wow - Super Fast Shipping! Home depot shipped it to me and I had it in 3 days from the time I ordered.

I purchased a snow blower several years ago from homdepot online, never had an issue with the horror stories people say about the big box stores, since I got it in the box and set it up myself.

After I set it up, I added some with fresh fuel (mid grade) mixed with some Amsoil quick shot fuel stabilizer and ethanol treatment, and ready for snow.

Breaking it in, after my 2 hour run time or end of season, I will drain the stock oil and go with Amsoil that I use in everything.

About high altitude, I'm @ 5124 feet. Some people says yes to a high altitude kit, some says NO. Who knows. Toro sells a high altitude kit for the Toro 721 R-C Commercial model, but doesn't mention any other 721 models.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-21-2016, 09:30 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 21
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 50
I too purchased my Toro from home depot and found the prices good and the buying experience excellent.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks steeve725 thanked for this post
post #3 of 3 Old 11-21-2016, 10:35 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 88
Likes (Given): 127
Likes (Received): 279
Yeah - I like HD the best of the big box home builder stores...... as far as the high altitude tuning, I guess you will just have to try it and see how it will perform. You may need to ad the kit. I would think the carbs are the same on the commercial version of that one? But can't say 100%...... I'd be surprised if it wasn't. Presumably it's a smaller jet or something to lean out the mixture. Problem is to many carbs are now "fixed" and not adjustable. In some cases you may have to replace the whole carb....... what a pain. You can google on how to make some versions of those carbs adjustable - but be cautious. Good luck, hope it does well for you!

I am deathly allergic to shovels!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page