Thanks (Received): 149
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by northeast View Post
Where are you located?
Sparta, roughly 1300ft.

Honda HSS1328AATD | Honda HS720 | Toro Powerlite | Simplicity 860se

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 86 Old 03-07-2018, 04:28 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 8
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy Ford View Post
I'm well aware of that! I may not be the smartest person, but even I figured the service mode was not for the Honda by design. Good that you bring it up in case others are unaware, as it is a popular service mode for most brands.
I brought it up because I (having used Ariens for 35 years) put my HSS928 in the 'service position' to look inside as I bought mine lightly used from a dealer and wanted to go over everything. It got a little exciting when it ran away from me on the auger. But I persevered, holding down the auger clutch to get it on its nose.

A week later, imagine my dismay, when I got my service manual and read that I should not have done this. I went through the full purging procedure after that just in case.

So, yes that was sort of a PSA for anyone who might not know including yourself if you did not.

Thumper
post #63 of 86 Old 03-08-2018, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 149
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 308
So not exactly an apples to apples comparison but very close. These past two nor’easters have been big snow falls, very heavy, and accumulated with a similar compacted slush base.

The narrowed armor skids perform BETTER. Im very pleased.

The snow this time around was even more deep and wet then last weeks, the GX390 has really come alive over these last 5-6 hours of hard use.

Heavily loaded, lugging 3400rpms... outstanding throughput and distance.

Honda HSS1328AATD | Honda HS720 | Toro Powerlite | Simplicity 860se

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #64 of 86 Old 03-03-2020, 01:11 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 12
Likes (Received): 19
Has anyone bought the HSS1332ATD and fitted the bucket and auger from HSS928ATD? I haven't priced out the parts, but this may be an alternative to getting the goodies of the HSS1332ATD that isn't available on US HSS928ATD models.

Why is Honda of America crippling the US models??? Why can't we get the auger protection system and the hour meter on the HSS928ATD? I get that the Honda snowblower are already expensive, but if one commits to buying a Honda, a hundred or two hundred more dollars isn't going to sting that much more.
post #65 of 86 Old 03-03-2020, 01:45 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 48
Thanks (Received): 248
Likes (Given): 145
Likes (Received): 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa335 View Post
Has anyone bought the HSS1332ATD and fitted the bucket and auger from HSS928ATD? I haven't priced out the parts, but this may be an alternative to getting the goodies of the HSS1332ATD that isn't available on US HSS928ATD models.

Why is Honda of America crippling the US models??? Why can't we get the auger protection system and the hour meter on the HSS928ATD? I get that the Honda snowblower are already expensive, but if one commits to buying a Honda, a hundred or two hundred more dollars isn't going to sting that much more.
If those features and not the engine size are most important to you, it's probably cheaper for you to just scoot across into Canada and purchase a HSS928ACTD.
https://powerequipment.honda.ca/snow...track-drive-es
I'm personally glad I purchased the HSS1332ATD. Besides the additional power and features, the wider auger width really speeds up clearing for me. It's roughly twice as fast as my old HS80 on moderate snowfalls, and 3-4 times faster when the snow depth gets up towards a couple of feet.

Last edited by tabora; 03-03-2020 at 04:19 PM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes 87powershiftx2, aa335 liked this post
post #66 of 86 Old 03-03-2020, 02:59 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 202
Thanks (Received): 126
Likes (Given): 421
Likes (Received): 266
Quote:

They did that so they wouldn't over price them for the Big Box Store sales, they don't want to loose their sales, they already screwed over their private authorized dealerships enough by selling their full line to the Big Box Stores, taking everything special away from the private dealerships.
post #67 of 86 Old 03-03-2020, 11:25 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Likes (Given): 11
Likes (Received): 4
Honda dealer in Kamloops bc, HSS928ACTD, $4400.00 and has all the goodies, no brokin shear pins so far. Good machine but just needs jet upgrade, I think, have a 92 ready to put in but only got 9.5 hrs on it yet. price out the door with TAX $4926.
post #68 of 86 Old 03-04-2020, 12:09 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Likes (Given): 12
Likes (Received): 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1100A View Post
They did that so they wouldn't over price them for the Big Box Store sales, they don't want to loose their sales, they already screwed over their private authorized dealerships enough by selling their full line to the Big Box Stores, taking everything special away from the private dealerships.
I get what you're saying. But does the big box stores put price pressure on Honda or something? I hope not, there's $800 Honda lawnmower sold at the big box stores. On other hand, is the Canadian market insensitive to price that's OK to equip HSS928 with the same features as the HSS1332?

Anyways, if Honda of America thinks that there is a reason for a HSS928 with on board battery and electric start, why stop there and not offer the rest of the features?

I know I could go across the border to buy the Canadian models. I don't live that close to the border and I don't have the means to transport the snowblower back.

Don't mean to rant, but if Honda doesn't think they will sell premium HSS928 models in the US, at least allow special order option for those that are seeking it. Put your order in once a year before production, make your deposit, and wait for it to be built. It' not like a $3000 snowblower is an impulse buy. You either want it or you don't.

Last edited by aa335; 03-04-2020 at 12:20 AM.
post #69 of 86 Old 03-04-2020, 12:33 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 48
Thanks (Received): 248
Likes (Given): 145
Likes (Received): 500
Quote:
But does the big box stores put price pressure on Honda or something?
I can't imagine that would be the case. It's entirely up to each country's Honda Power Equipment company to determine what models, features, etc. to market to all dealers. Originally, the big box stores did not carry the ATD models, but now they do...
Quote:
Anyways, if Honda of America thinks that there is a reason for a HSS928 with on board battery and electric start, why stop there and not offer the rest of the features?
Good question. I would think it would make their most popular size blower's upscale model even more attractive.
Quote:
I know I could go across the border to buy the Canadian models. I don't live that close to the border and I don't have the means to transport the snowblower back.
I'm not all that close to the border, either. I have driven from Portland, Maine to Niagara Falls, Canada (almost 1200 miles round trip) with a hitch-mounted carrier to get a Canada-only motorcycle, though. Well worth the trip. I'd have done it for a blower if I couldn't get the model I wanted here. (Might have ended up with a Yamaha, though!)
Quote:
Don't mean to rant, but if Honda doesn't think they will sell premium HSS928 models in the US, at least allow special order option for those that are seeking it. Put your order in once a year before production, make your deposit, and wait for it to be built. It' not like a $3000 snowblower is an impulse buy. You either want it or you don't.
Great idea! Tell Honda here: https://powerequipment.honda.com/support/contact-us

Last edited by tabora; 03-04-2020 at 12:38 PM.
Post Thanks / Like - 2 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks ST1100A, aa335 thanked for this post
post #70 of 86 Old 03-04-2020, 01:34 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 202
Thanks (Received): 126
Likes (Given): 421
Likes (Received): 266
aa335,
Yes Big Box can put a little pressure on Honda, and Honda will cave in to them because they are Honda's biggest customers now, that is why Honda released their full line of products to them instead of keeping some products for "Dealership Only".
I'm sure in the near future Honda will release a product like you mentioned with the 928 with all the extra goodies on it. They wait to see how things sell and look at customer input.
Tabora answered a lot of your questions very well.
Honda has a bigger market for snowblowers in Canada because of the weather there and they do not have EPA and many other safety restrictions like they do here in the USA, plus Canada does not have the "Sue Happy Lawyers" like we have here in the USA.

Last edited by ST1100A; 03-04-2020 at 01:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page