Picked up a HS1132 today. What service should I do to it? - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 10-09-2018, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 1
Picked up a HS1132 today. What service should I do to it?

Howdy guys! I'm a long time lurker on another brand forum. I picked up a 2008 HS1132 today that was in excellent shape. Was literally owned by an old lady who used it a few times a season. First thing I plan on doing is bumping up the main jet size as it is set lean like all the newer Honda engines. What else would be good idea to service on the machine? Anything specific to the 1132 that I may need to keep an eye on?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	132.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	147205   Click image for larger version

Name:	1132f.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	147207  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-09-2018, 12:29 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 79
Likes (Given): 59
Likes (Received): 173
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticwildman View Post
Howdy guys! I'm a long time lurker on another brand forum. I picked up a 2008 HS1132 today that was in excellent shape. Was literally owned by an old lady who used it a few times a season. First thing I plan on doing is bumping up the main jet size as it is set lean like all the newer Honda engines. What else would be good idea to service on the machine? Anything specific to the 1132 that I may need to keep an eye on?

those are not set lean

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes highdesignfool liked this post
post #3 of 11 Old 10-09-2018, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 509
Thanks (Received): 679
Likes (Given): 3830
Likes (Received): 1472
Garage
to SBF arcticwildman

I would suggest you try it in the snow first to see if it feels like it needs to be richer before you go through the trouble of drilling or changing out the jet.
I'd likely change the oil and then grab the manual and go through all the adjustments and check all the routine maintenance items so you have a base line of what was done and when and that you know it's going to get you through the winter without any problems. Nice Machine

And please keep an eye on your skid adjustment. It just hurts seeing those expensive machines with ground down auger housing bottoms because some fool wasn't paying attention and just kept running it right into the ground.
The photo is stolen from YSHSfan

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kiss4aFrog; 10-09-2018 at 12:57 PM.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks arcticwildman thanked for this post
Likes arcticwildman, orangputeh liked this post
post #4 of 11 Old 10-09-2018, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Ouch!! That is bad!! I'm going to put a set of side skids on it. Cheap insurance.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Kiss4aFrog liked this post
post #5 of 11 Old 10-09-2018, 04:12 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 27
Likes (Given): 21
Likes (Received): 82
Nice machine! If you are over 6 feet tall handle bar extensions would be a nice feature.
post #6 of 11 Old 10-09-2018, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I'm right at 6 foot so I can live with them the way they are I guess. Would like to relocate the discharge chute handle up higher. Does anybody sell a kit that does that?
post #7 of 11 Old 10-09-2018, 06:53 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 621
Thanks (Received): 147
Likes (Given): 876
Likes (Received): 924
Garage
congrats on what looks like an excellent machine.

already some good advice. change oil, lube moving parts, maybe cables need lubing, of course adjust scraper bar first and then skid shoes. I would purchase the Honda shop manual for 40 bucks and go through the maintenance section. This manual is worth it's weight in gold.

did you check the bottom of bucket for curling? this happens because of poor scraper bar and skid shoe adjustment. you can usually use a ball peen hammer to hammer it back flat.

Also check for cracks in the handlebars, the engine bed , and other stress points. I see this on HS1132's because of the weight of them but you are probably okay . the machine looks good. did you check belts? have extra shear pins? and make sure the shear pins and wheel pins are actually shear pins and not bolts .

I would NEVER assume the machine is ready because it looks good. Would do a full service on it before needed.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
post #8 of 11 Old 10-09-2018, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangputeh View Post
congrats on what looks like an excellent machine.

already some good advice. change oil, lube moving parts, maybe cables need lubing, of course adjust scraper bar first and then skid shoes. I would purchase the Honda shop manual for 40 bucks and go through the maintenance section. This manual is worth it's weight in gold.

did you check the bottom of bucket for curling? this happens because of poor scraper bar and skid shoe adjustment. you can usually use a ball peen hammer to hammer it back flat.

Also check for cracks in the handlebars, the engine bed , and other stress points. I see this on HS1132's because of the weight of them but you are probably okay . the machine looks good. did you check belts? have extra shear pins? and make sure the shear pins and wheel pins are actually shear pins and not bolts .

I would NEVER assume the machine is ready because it looks good. Would do a full service on it before needed.

Awesome suggestions!!! Thanks!

I need to check the belts, probably do that and an oil change tomorrow along with throwing in a new spark plug and doing a cable lube. Everything else looks really good. All shear pins on the machine are factory correct and the folks I bought it from had a bag of extra shear pins so I'm good to go there. The bucket is straight as an arrow, I was adjusting the skids already as they had them set for quite a bit of clearance since they had such a steep driveway and liked to leave some snow for traction. I just ordered a shop manual from my local dealer who was familiar with the machine. He had sold it to them and performed serviced on it and said I got an absolute steal on the machine as it was in excellent shape with hardly any use.
post #9 of 11 Old 10-09-2018, 09:29 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 69
Likes (Received): 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticwildman View Post
I'm right at 6 foot so I can live with them the way they are I guess. Would like to relocate the discharge chute handle up higher. Does anybody sell a kit that does that?
Honda Snowblower Modification for High Chute Rotation Handle and Tall Handlebar Extension Kits

https://www.shoppok.com/fairbanks/a,...vada-Mts--.htm

Last edited by tabora; 10-13-2018 at 07:20 PM.
post #10 of 11 Old 07-03-2019, 04:18 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Honda 1132 handlebar extensions and chute kit

Hi folks, this is my first time posting. I bought a Honda 1132 this weekend for $600, I couldn't resist it because of the price and the fact the older couple only used it a handful of times and had it serviced each year. Here's my dilemma. I am 6'4" and those handle bars are super low. I saw the video Bob Lynn in Tahoe and called him to order the modifications. It turns out that he's retired from making the hardware to make the handles and chute higher. My question for the forum is does anyone have any connections or know of another supplier of these items? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page