Snowblower Forum banner

Canadian HSS724

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  drmerdp 
#1 ·
New member here, I’ve been doing some reading over the past couple of days and have decided to join as I have a couple of questions regarding my “new to me” 2018 Honda HSS724.

I really like the improved looks and features of my HSS724 but I feel like it doesn’t blow snow as well as my 2013 HS724. The HSS really seems to struggle more than it should in my opinion. Most of the posts I’ve read regarding re-jetting to solve the lean condition seem to be on USA models. Has the Canadian models benefitted from rejecting also? I’m located in Canada <1000’ above sea level. I would appreciate if someone could verify what jet would be best to run at my location?

In addition, I want to pick up a cheap digital tach to verify the engine RPM’s are set correctly. Does anyone have a link (Amazon or eBay) of a model that has been known to provide accurate results?

Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
4tech, I am just outside of Kitchener, Ontario, my neighbor across the street has done the same upgrade as you and reports the same power concern as you, as well as the clogging issue. After using his new HSS, I see the same results compared to my older HS724TCD, it clogs easier and seems to bog down.

I will let others, offer the jet size.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.